April 25, 2003
Columbia, S.C – Adrienne Gautreaux is coming off her best finish of the year at the SEC Championships. She finished tied for eighth place with a score of 220. Gautreaux is playing her best golf of the season right now, finishing in the top 15 in four of the last six tournaments. She is third on the team with a 76.52 stroke average. Gautreaux is a junior from Mabank, Texas.
1. When did you start playing golf?
“I was introduced to the game when I was six, but I didn’t start playing seriously until I was 17.”
2. What is your major?
3. What is your favorite aspect of golf at USC?
“The tournaments and competition”
4. What is your favorite part of USC outside of golf?
“The New Health & Wellness Center”
5. What are your plans after golf at USC?
I want to play professionally, be a motivational speaker, and a personal weight trainer.”
6. What is your greatest golf moment?
Winning the team SEC Championship and shooting a personal record of 65 in qualifying.”
7. Which is your favorite: driving, iron play, or putting?
“Iron play” (wedge play)
8. What is your favorite golf movie?
“Happy Gilmore and Tin Cup”
9. Who is your favorite golfer?
“Payne Stewart was, but now it’s Ernie Els”
10. What type of golf ball do you see?
“Titleist Pro V1”
11. What’s your favorite sport besides golf?
“Soccer, Tae Kwon Do, and basketball”
12. Who is your favorite sports team?
“The Dallas Mavericks, and the U.S. women’s soccer team.”
13. What is one word that impresses you about Coach Coggins?
14. What is one word that describes you in competition?
15. What do you do to prepare yourself before teeing off?
“Mental practice and preparation”