Gamecocks Announce 2020 Spring Slate
Carolina playing in five tournaments before postseason begins at Sea Island
COLUMBIA, S.C. — South Carolina men’s golf announced the spring portion of its schedule on Friday. The Gamecocks will play in five tournaments before beginning postseason play in late April.
Carolina will begin competition at the All-American Intercollegiate in Humble, Texas on Feb. 16-18, opening the spring there for the fourth consecutive season. The Gamecocks then have a busy stretch with three tournaments in 15 days in March, beginning with the General Hackler Championship in Myrtle Beach, S.C. on March 9-10. The team will conclude its regular season for the third-straight year at the Augusta Haskins Award Invitational (April 4-5) the weekend prior to the start of The Masters.
For the 20th year, the Southeastern Conference Championship will again take place in St. Simons Island, Ga. at Sea Island Golf Club from April 22-26. The 2020 conference tournament marks the fourth consecutive season of the new stroke and match play format.
NCAA Regionals take place May 18-20 at six sites across the country. The NCAA Championship moves to Scottsdale, Ariz. this season, May 29-June 3. Grayhawk Golf Club will host the NCAA Division I Men’s and Women’s Golf National Championship the next three seasons through 2022.
2020 South Carolina Men’s Golf Spring Schedule
• All-American Intercollegiate (Feb. 16-18) – Humble, Texas – Golf Club of Houston
• General Hackler Championship (March 9-10) – Myrtle Beach, S.C. – Dunes Golf & Beach Club
• Valspar Collegiate Invitational (March 16-17) – Palm City, Fla. – Floridian National Golf Club
• Hootie at Bulls Bay Intercollegiate (March 22-24) – Awendaw, S.C. – Bulls Bay Golf Club
• Augusta Haskins Award Invitational (April 4-5) – Augusta, Ga. – Forest Hills Golf Club
• SEC Championship (April 22-26) – St. Simons Island, Ga. – Sea Island Golf Club (Seaside Course)
• NCAA Regionals (May 18-20) – TBD – TBD
• NCAA Championship (May 29-June 3) – Scottsdale, Ariz. – Grayhawk Golf Club