Gamecock Return Home to Host Winthrop Wednesday Night
COLUMBIA, S.C. – After a four-game road trip, the South Carolina softball team returns home to host Winthrop Wednesday, April 6, at 6 p.m.
When: April 6 | 6 p.m.
Where: Columbia, S.C.
Venue: Carolina Softball Stadium at Beckham Field (1,480)
Live Stats: Statbroadcast
Live Video: SEC Network+
Series History: South Carolina leads 55-8-1
Last Meeting: South Carolina 10, Winthrop 1 | March 3, 2021 | Columbia, S.C.
South Carolina Gamecocks
18-17, 2-10 SEC
Coach: Beverly Smith | 12th Season
AVG Leader: .358 | Riley Blampied
RBI Leader: 32 | Jordan Fabian
Home Run Leader: 10 | Katie Prebble
ERA Leader: 2.80 | Rachel Vaughan
Strikeout Leader: 57 | Bailey Betenbaugh
Wins Leader: 5 | Kelsey Oh
11-24, 5-7 Big South
Coach: Windy Thees | 4th Season
AVG Leader: .360 | Paige Rivas
RBI Leader: 14 | Lauren Hutcherson and Lauren King
Home Run Leader: 4 | Bailey Warren
ERA Leader: 2.60 | Reese Basinger
Strikeout Leader: 96 | Sydney Boulware
Wins Leader: 4 | Reese Basinger and Sydney Boulware
- South Carolina leads the all-time series 55-8-1.
- The Gamecocks have won the last 14 meetings dating back to 2011.
- At home, Carolina is 36-2 all-time.
- Winthrop is one of South Carolina’s seven ties in program history. Their game in 2005 was called in the sixth inning due to rain, resulting in a 0-0 tie.
- The 10 home runs by Katie Prebble through her first 24 games were the most by any Gamecock in recorded history (since 1982). Through 35 games, only Alaynie Page (2015) had more (12).
- The 20 walks by Hannah Kumiyama and Jordan Fabian are tied for second to start a season under Smith. They trail only Mackenzie Boesel’s 28 from last season.
- The 13 stolen bases by Jordan Fabian through 31 games are the most since Samie Garcia (15) and Alaynie Page (13) in 2013.
- Freshman Emma Sellers’ 27 hits through 35 games are the most by a freshman since Mackenzie Boesel had 36 hits in 2017.
- The 47 stolen bases by Carolina are the most to start a season since stealing 56 in 2013. It’s the third time under Smith they’ve stolen at least 47 (2011, 13)
- The 190 RBIs are the most through 35 games since 2019, and are third most under Smith (2013, 196; 2019, 207).
- The Gamecocks opened the season at home for the third straight year. Last season the team opened the season with Carolina Classic, but was canceled due to weather.
- South Carolina has opened the season at home in 7 of 12 seasons under Bev Smith.
- The 2022 roster features 22 total players. A total of seven different states are represented.
For the latest on South Carolina Softball, visit GamecockSoftball.com or follow the team’s social media accounts on Twitter @GamecockSoftbll, Facebook /GamecockSoftball, and Instagram @GamecockSoftball.