Softball Hosts Ole Miss for Alumnae Weekend
COLUMBIA, S.C. – The South Carolina softball team hosts Ole Miss for an SEC series April 22-24 at Carolina Softball Stadium at Beckham Field. Friday’s game will be alumnae night, with former players being recognized on the field. Prior to Saturday’s game, long time former head coach Joyce Compton will have her jersey retired. Sunday’s game will feature postgame player autographs.
When: April 22 | 6 p.m.; April 23 | 3 p.m.; April 24 | 1 p.m.
Where: Columbia, S.C.
Venue: Carolina Softball Stadium at Beckham Field (1,480)
Live Stats: Statbroadcast Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3
Live Video: SECN+ Game 1 | SECN Game 2 | SECN+ Game 3
Series History: South Carolina leads 34-23
Last Meeting: South Carolina 10, Ole Miss 1 | April 11, 2021 | Oxford, Miss.
South Carolina Gamecocks 25-21, 2-13 SEC
Coach: Beverly Smith | 12th Season
AVG Leader: .341 | Riley Blampied
RBI Leader: 40 | Katie Prebble
Home Run Leader: 13 | Katie Prebble
ERA Leader: 1.91 | Skylar Trahan
Strikeout Leader: 69 | Bailey Betenbaugh
Wins Leader: 6 | Leah Powell
Ole Miss Rebels 30-14, 5-10 SEC
Coach: Jamie Trachsel |2nd Season
AVG Leader: .431 |Tate Whitley
RBI Leader: 34 |Abbey Latham
Home Run Leader: 7 | Paige Smith
ERA Leader: 1.97 | Aynslie Furbush
Strikeout Leader: 81 |Savannah Diederich
Wins Leader: 7 | Catelyn Riley and Brooke Vestal
- The Gamecocks are 20-9 all-time against the Rebels at Beckham Field.
- In the last 10 meetings, to two teams have split the series 5-5.
- All-time against the Rebels, the Gamecocks are averaging 4.05 runs per game.
- Katie Prebble hit 10 home runs in her first 24 games of the season, which were the most by any Gamecock in recorded history (since 1982).
- Through 46 games, Prebble’s 13 home runs are tied for the most with Alaynie Page (2015). Her 12 home runs are third most in a single season.
- The 40 RBIs by Prebble are tied for third most under Smith.
- Jordan Fabian’s 32 walks are tied for first and Hannah Kumiyama’s 25 are fifth to start a season under Smith.
- The 159 walks by the team are the second most under coach Smith through 46 game (2019, 164).
- Jordan Fabian’s 17 stolen bases through 46 games are the most since Samie Garcia (18) in 2013, the second most under Smith, and tied for 11th in a season.
- The 62 stolen bases by Carolina are the most to start a season since 2013. It’s the third time under Smith they’ve stolen at least 62 (2011, 13). They’re 6th most in a single season in program history.
- The 234 RBIs are the most through 46 games since 2019, and are third most under Smith (2013, 252; 2019, 275).
- Freshman Emma Sellers’ 30 hits through 46 games are the most by a freshman since Mackenzie Boesel had 48 hits in 2017.
- The Gamecocks opened the season at home for the third straight year. Last season the team opened the season with Carolina Classic, but was canceled due to weather.
- South Carolina has opened the season at home in 7 of 12 seasons under Bev Smith.
- The 2022 roster features 22 total players. A total of seven different states are represented.
For the latest on South Carolina Softball, visit GamecockSoftball.com or follow the team’s social media accounts on Twitter @GamecockSoftbll, Facebook /GamecockSoftball, and Instagram @GamecockSoftball.