Prior to Saturday's game, South Carolina will honor its two seniors, Kelsey Oh and Katie Prebble
COLUMBIA, S.C. – The South Carolina softball team wraps up its regular season when the Gamecocks host the 13th ranked Kentucky Wildcats May 6-8.
- The first 100 fans at Friday’s game will receive a free drink at the concession stand to celebrate National Beverage Day.
- Prior to Saturday’s game, South Carolina will honor its two seniors, Kelsey Oh and Katie Prebble.
- Sunday’s game will be a Mother’s Day Special. The first 200 moms will receive a Gamecock Softball visor. For $20, fans can pre-purchase two tickets, two hot dogs, and two drinks; or for $10 can get two hot dogs and two drinks (offer only available online).
When: May 6 | 6 p.m.; May 7 | 2 p.m.; May 8 | Noon
Where: Columbia, S.C.
Venue: Carolina Softball Stadium at Beckham Field (1,480)
Tickets: gamecocksonline.com | Mother’s Day Special
Live Stats: Statbroadcast Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3
Live Video: SECN+ Friday and Saturday | SECN Sunday
Series History: South Carolina leads 39-34
Last Meeting: Kentucky 3, South Carolina 2 | May 8, 2021 | Lexington, Ky.
South Carolina Gamecocks 25-27, 2-19 SEC
Coach: Beverly Smith | 12th Season
AVG Leader: .315 | Riley Blampied
RBI Leader: 41 | Katie Prebble
Home Run Leader: 14 | Katie Prebble
ERA Leader: 3.07 | Rachel Vaughan
Strikeout Leader: 71 | Bailey Betenbaugh
Wins Leader: 6 | Leah Powell
#13 Kentucky Wildcats 33-15, 11-10 SEC
Coach: Rachel Lawson | 15th Season
AVG Leader: .423 | Erin Coffel
RBI Leader: 55 | Erin Coffel
Home Run Leader: 16 | Erin Coffel
ERA Leader: 1.48 | Tatum Spangler
Strikeout Leader: 50 | Stephanie Schoonover
Wins Leader: 8 | Tatum Spangler
- The Gamecocks lead the all-time series 39-34.
- In Columbia, Carolina leads the series 18-17
- In the last 10 meetings, to Kentucky leads the series 9-1.
- All-time against the Wildcats, the Gamecocks are averaging 4.14 runs per game.
- Katie Prebble hit 10 home runs in her first 24 games of the season, which were the most by any Gamecock in recorded history (since 1982).
- Prebble’s 14 home runs are third most in a single season.
- The 41 RBIs by Prebble are tied for 12th most all-time.
- Jordan Fabian’s 37 walks are the most under Smith and third all-time.
- The 172 walks by the team are the third most under coach Smith through 52 game (2014, 192; 2015, 177; 2019, 184) and fifth all-time
- Jordan Fabian’s 17 stolen bases through 49 games are the most since Samie Garcia (18) in 2013, the second most under Smith, and tied for 11th in a season.
- The 62 stolen bases by Carolina are the most to start a season since 2013. It’s the third time under Smith they’ve stolen at least 62 (2011, 13). They’re sixth most in a single season in program history.
- Freshman Emma Sellers’ 33 hits through 52 games are the most by a freshman since Jana Johns had 35 hits in 2018.
- The Gamecocks opened the season at home for the third straight year. Last season the team opened the season with Carolina Classic, but was canceled due to weather.
- South Carolina has opened the season at home in 7 of 12 seasons under Bev Smith.
The 2022 roster features 22 total players. A total of seven different states are represented.
For the latest on South Carolina Softball, visit GamecockSoftball.com or follow the team’s social media accounts on Twitter @GamecockSoftbll, Facebook /GamecockSoftball, and Instagram @GamecockSoftball.