Our Olympic sports nutrition program oversees about 500 student-athletes competing in the SEC. We are so excited about the growth and opportunities happening in the field of nutrition!
We are looking to build our team by mentoring interns who have a desire to work with athletes. Our internship programs are exceptional because we take the time and care to make sure we are helping you reach your professional goals. Your experience with us will be unmatched and the skills and abilities you learn will last a lifetime.
These positions are UNPAID but can be used for class credit and hands-on experience. Internships will follow the athletic Spring schedule for 2022 (January-June)
- Entering junior year or above
- Working toward or completion of degree in programs such as Exercise Science, Public Health, Physiology, Kinesiology, Biomechanics, Nutrition, etc.
- Available 10-20 hours per week – Non-traditional work schedule: including early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays
Internship Purpose: To support sports nutrition initiatives by providing physical presence and intern skill-level work to teams by working with the dietitian and sports performance staff.
Sports Nutrition Intern job duties include:
- Food inventory management
- Menu selection for team travel
- Food ordering
- Cleaning/serving/stocking food nutrition station for teams
- Serve food & fluid at practice and games
- Collect and use data for research & evaluation
- Communicating with team and athletes
- Manage performance and recovery nutrition initiatives with strength & conditioning team
- Coordinate nutrition education initiatives (such as a cooking class for the athletes)
- Creative content development for nutrition online media and social media
- Build relationships with teams and coaches
- Assist in food production with dining services
- Assist with athlete assessment (such as body composition) and testing
- Appointment scheduling & check-ins (front & back office)
If interested, please send the following to:
Director of Sports Nutrition for Olympic Sports
- An updated resume with contact info and 2 professional references
- A cover letter which includes a list of goals you hope to achieve by working with us
- An idea of your timeline for starting and duration of your internship