Nov. 21, 2003
South Carolina vs. Navy
– The 33 point victory for Carolina is the largest since South Carolina defeated Ball State 82-47 in the final game at the Carolina Coliseum on March 21st, 2002.
– The 40 points that Navy scored is the lowest point total for an USC opponent since Maryland scored 31 on January 9, 1970. (Maryland 31-30)
– Carolina’s 20 steals tied Carolina’s single game record. The record tied the mark that was set on December 30, 2001 against Mercer and Lenoir-Rhyne on December 2, 1961. The 30 turnovers were the most ever by a Carolina opponent.
– Last year, Tarence Kinsey scored 43 points in 20 games. In the three games this season, Kinsey has scored 49 points.
– Carlos Powell’s 11 points marked the 32nd time that he has scored in double figures in his career.
– Mike Boynton scored 15 points for a career high. It was also the 8th time that he has ever scored in double digits.
– Sheldon Everett’s scored his first ever points and also tallied his first career assist.
– The Gamecocks had five players score in double figures. It marks the second time this year at least five players scored in double figures. (6 against Gardner Webb on November 17, 2003.