Nov. 27, 2004
– USC 28-1 under Odom in non-conference play at home. USC has won 25 in a row.
– Carlos Powell 17 straight games vs. non-conference opponents with 10 points or more.
– The previous two meetings against Temple, Powell combined for 34 points. Today he had 22 with 16 in the first half.
– The double-double for Powell was his 5th career and his first this season. His last came against Appalachian State on Jan. 2, 2004.
– Last season, USC’s game high for rebounds was 50 against Appalachian State on Jan. 2, 2004.
– Attendance 7,892
– Last time an opponent had more steals than USC was on March 13, 2004 against Kentucky in the SEC Tournament. This happened eight times last season with four times occurring in games against conference opponents. Those four games USC lost while the four games it happened in non-conference games were USC wins. The most steals by an opponent last season was 11 by Navy.
– Temple was held to 46 points. It is the first time this season for an opponent to score under 50 and it is the 18th time Carolina has held an opponent to under 50 under Head Coach Dave Odom.