Feb. 12, 2005
– Carlos Powell collected his 4th double-double of the year and the 8th of his career – his last one was against SCSU (12/22/04). He has at least five rebounds in 16 of 21 games this season.
– USC started the combination of Tre’ Kelley, Carlos Powell, Tarence Kinsey, Brandon Wallace, and Renaldo Balkman for the third time this season. USC used that starting five also against Vanderbilt and Florida.
– Auburn’s Young, Brown and Douglas combined for 61 of Auburn’s 74 points. Young, and Douglas played the entire game for the Tigers while Brown played 38 minutes. The three combined for 10-16 shooting from three point range and 21-36 from the field.
– Brandon Wallace tied a season-high with 10 rebounds (10 vs. SCSU, 12/22/04) — his career high is 11 vs. The Citadel (12/3/03) — he had a double-double that night in his first career start (10 PT, 11 REB)
– Tonight’s attendance was 13,313. USC has had 19 of its 21 SEC games in the last 3 years with a crowd in excess of 10,000 (including school record 18,000 vs. UK last year)
– USC won the bench scoring battle 18-1 in the first half and 18-0 in the second half. The Gamecocks won the overall bench scoring total 36-1.
– The tie at halftime was the second this season for USC. The first time was against No. 17 Mississippi State: 31-31 — MSU won 73-65 …
– Auburn shot 11-21 from three point range for a percentage of 52.4%. That percentage is the highest this season behind the arc for an opponent against USC. (2nd highest is LSU, .474 on 9-19 from three point range)