Sept. 14, 2006
Throughout the season, USCsports.com will feature question and answer sessions with Gamecock men’s soccer players. Today’s subject is Spencer Lewis, a sophomore midfielder from Irmo, S.C. Lewis has started all six matches this season for the South Carolina and scored one goal and collected two assists. To learn more about Spencer Lewis off the field, read on…
1. The best thing about playing soccer at South Carolina is… It is fulfilling a lifelong dream
2. I came to South Carolina because… It was a a good place for soccer and academics
3. What is your most memorable sports moment? Winning the C-USA championship
4. What’s the TV show you never miss if you can help it? The Hills, Real World, and Sportscenter
5. If I weren’t playing soccer in college, I would… not know what to do, maybe pick up music
6. Favorite moment of a soccer match: Opening whistle
7. My first summer job was: lawn care
8. My favorite professional soccer team is: Manchester United
9. The most interesting thing I did over the summer was: Saw Blues Traveler in concert
10. Most people don’t know this about me, but: I love music and would love to be a musician.
11. My main goal for this season is: Play consistantly all season and make an impact on the field. Hopefully making my way into the starting 11.
12. If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be? Zinedine Zidane, Jesus
13. What is your favorite thing about Columbia? It is my home.
14. What are you plans for after college? Take soccer as far as I can then settle down with a family.