Nov. 29, 2006
* North Carolina State Hall of Fame coach Kay Yow missed Wednesday’s game, as she is taking a leave of absence from her coaching duties after doctors detected progression of breast cancer. Associate Head Coach Stephanie Glance is currently serving as interim coach and will retain credit for all wins and losses.
* Susan Walvius’ regular season non-conference record now stands at 94-45.
* For the first time this season, USC faced an opponent taller than Ilona Burgrova, who at 6’6″ is the tallest Gamecock. North Carolina State played the 6’7″ senior Gillian Goring for the first time this season against the Gamecocks.
*Lea Fabbri earned the first block of her career in the first half against North Carolina State.
* USC shot a season-low 20.6% in the first half on 7-of-34 shooting.
* South Carolina, the SEC leader in rebounding margin at +14.8, outrebounded the Wolfpack 30-20 in the first half but only held a 49-44 margin at the conclusion of the game.
* South Carolina did not hit a three-pointer for the first time this season. The only other time USC went without a three-pointer in a half was in the loss to Penn State. They shot 0-for-6 in the first half of that game.
* Ilona Burgrova ended a two-game scoring drought when she connected on an open look with 10:52 remaining in the second half. The two-game scoreless streak was the longest of her career. Before the streak, Burgrova had scored in 59 of 62 games played.