Dec. 3, 2006
* Iva Sliskovic took sole possession of fifth place on the South Carolina all-time defensive rebounds list in Sunday’s game. She entered the game with 405 career defensive rebounds, a mark that put her one shy of Shaunzinski Gortman (1998-2002) for fifth place on Carolina’s all-time list.
* Stacy Booker set a season high with 19 points scored. Her career high is 28 points, set against Clemson in 2004. Booker’s previous season high this year was 11 points scored against North Carolina A&T on Nov. 17.
* Stacy Booker led the Gamecocks with 19 points Sunday. She is the seventh different player to lead the team in scoring in eight games this year.
* Iva Sliskovic set a new career high with four steals in Sunday’s game. Her previous high was three steals, set eight times during her career.
* Iva Sliskovic’s 10 rebounds set a season high.
* Sunday’s game marked the first-ever meeting between South Carolina and Fordham and was the front end of a home-and-home series between the two schools. The Gamecocks travel to the Bronx to face the Rams in next year’s return trip.
* South Carolina entered Sunday’s game as the SEC’s leader in rebounding margin, averaging 13.4 more rebounds per game than its opposition. That figure will only increase after the Gamecocks grabbed 43 rebounds to Fordham’s 30.
* The Gamecocks set a season high with 25 steals. Carolina’s previous season high was 12 steals against North Carolina A&T on Nov. 17.
* South Carolina took a 38-14 lead into the locker room at halftime. The Gamecocks held a 28-15 advantage on the boards in the first half and allowed the Rams to convert on only 5-of-18 attempts from the field (27.8 percent).
* South Carolina attempted 44 field goals in the first half thanks largely to the fact that the Gamecocks forced Fordham into committing 18 first-half turnovers and Carolina grabbed 17 offensive rebounds to Fordham’s two offensive rebounds in the first half.
* Sunday’s win improved Susan Walvius’ record to 95-45 in regular-season games played against non-conference opposition and improved her record in non-conference home games to 63-10 during her 10 years at South Carolina.
* Sunday’s win moved the Gamecocks to 21-8 all-time against teams from the Atlantic 10 Conference.
* Brionna Dickerson tied a career high with 10 points in Sunday’s game.