Nov. 28, 2010
Post Game Notes vs. Western Kentucky
Nov. 27, 2010
– In his first appearance as an opposing head coach at his alma mater, South Carolina head coach Darrin Horn led the Gamecocks to an 87-85, double-overtime win over Western Kentucky on Nov. 27, 2010. It was Carolina’s first double overtime game since a 94-89 win over SC State in Columbia on Dec. 20, 1993, and their first overtime contest of any length since an 82-78 win over Arkansas in Columbia on Feb. 21, 2009.
– Sophomore guard Ramon Galloway scored a career-high 22 points off the bench vs. WKU. It was the second 20-point game of his career. His first was a 21-point effort vs. Alabama on March 3, 2010.
– Four Gamecocks were in double figures against WKU – Galloway (22), freshman guard Bruce Ellington (20), sophomore forward Lakeem Jackson (13) and senior forward Sam Muldrow (10). It was the first time this season that two players reached the 20-point mark in a game.
– Junior forward Malik Cooke was just one point away from a double-double with nine points and 12 rebounds vs. the Hilltoppers. His 12 boards were a team high, a season best and matched a career high. It marked the third time this season Cooke has led the team in rebounding.
– Senior forward Sam Muldrow blocked a season-high four shots. He is now just 70 blocks away from becoming the all-time leader in South Carolina history in the category.
– The win marks Carolina’s first on the road this season. It is also the first Gamecock win over a Sun Belt opponent since defeating WKU 74-56 in Columbia on Dec. 2, 2009.
– South Carolina out-rebounded WKU, 53-52, in the contest. The Gamecocks have now out-rebounded each of their opponents this season. To compare, Carolina only collected more rebounds than its opponent eight times during the 2009-10 season.
– Under the direction of Darrin Horn, Carolina is 19-4 when scoring at least 80 points in a contest.
– The Gamecocks posted a season high 11 steals in the contest, compared to just three by WKU – the fewest by a South Carolina opponent this season.