Partner logo
Mobile Icon Link Mobile Icon Link Mobile Icon Link Gamecocks+

Aug. 6, 2013

Facebook LogoGamecock Equestrian on Facebook

COACH MAJOR COMMENTS ON LINDSEY SLACK
August 6, 2013

COLUMBIA, S.C. – South Carolina head coach Boo Major has announced the signing of Lindsey Slack (Burlington, Vt./Burlington High) to a national letter of intent to join the Gamecocks for the upcoming season. Slack will join the western team and is expected to compete in Horsemanship.

“We’re thrilled to have Lindsey join our program,” Major said. “She comes to us from Powder Brook Farm and Gretchen Mathes and Geno Spagnola have done a terrific job preparing her to succeed at the NCEA level.”

Before joining the Gamecocks, Slack trained at Power Brook Farm.

Slack joins the Gamecocks with an impressive resume, including a ninth place finish in horsemanship at the 2012 All-American Quarter Horse Congress. Last year, she won the region six horsemanship championship. Slack also qualified for the AQHYA Youth World Show in 2012, where she was a finalist in both trail and horsemanship. In 2011, Slack was a horsemanship finalist at Congress. She has multiple ROM’s and circuit championships and all-around on the AQHA circuit.

Slack is a recent graduate of Burlington High School in Burlington, Vt. She was editor of the school newspaper and a member of the National Honors Society. Slack was an honor student with a GPA of 3.72. While at South Carolina, she will study journalism in the College of Mass Communications and Information Studies.

Her parents are Dave and Lynn Slack, and she has an older brother named Kevin. She was born in Sawbridgeworth, England.