Nov. 3, 2015
BEGINNING FEB. 3 – Please note Greene Street from Park to Lincoln and Lincoln to Gadsden will be closed to both pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
COLUMBIA, S.C. – The South Carolina men’s and women’s basketball seasons at Colonial Life Arena will begin with exhibition matchups this weekend for both squads, and the Gamecock Athletics Department wants fans to pay special attention to new parking procedures and plans for the upcoming campaign. Fans are encouraged to plan appropriately in anticipation of congested traffic patterns, and longer lines at parking locations and at Colonial Life Arena. We don’t want our amazing fans to miss a minute of action on the court, so please read below to find out what may work best for your family, and have a secondary plan for parking, in case your first parking option is full.
With excitement for both the Gamecock men’s and women’s teams as well as new construction projects near the Colonial Life Arena corridor, below are important tips for fans attending Carolina basketball games this season:
– Season parking passes for both men’s and women’s basketball are sold out
– Fans are encouraged to arrive at least one-hour prior to tip-off in anticipation of traffic congestion and longer lines at parking locations, ticket windows and scanning lines
– Fans without season parking passes who arrive less than 45 minutes from tip-off are encouraged to utilize the parking shuttle listed below
– GAMECOCK CLUB PARKING, MEN’S & WOMEN’S GAMES: parking in Lot A, the Discovery Garage and the DOT Garage is restricted to Gamecock Club members with the appropriate hang tag only
– IF YOU DON’T HAVE A PARKING PASS: there is very limited parking in Lot B, the Discovery Garage and the Convention Center (when available) lots for $5
– RIDE THE SHUTTLE! Free parking is available in the Pendleton Street Garage and a shuttle will run beginning two hours prior to tip-off and will run for one hour following the conclusion of the game. The round-trip shuttle ride costs $3
– CITY GARAGE PARKING AVAILABLE! City garage parking located near Pendleton, Park and Lincoln Streets is available for $5 per vehicle for both men’s and women’s games. Additional garage parking may be found two blocks North of Gervais Street in the Lincoln Street Garage (corner of Lincoln and Washington Streets) at $3 per game after 5 p.m. ET (additional charges may apply for vehicles parked overnight in this lot)
– IMPORTANT! Most parking lots open two hours prior to tip-off, however, the DOT Garage will open at 6 p.m., Monday-Friday
– Due to pedestrian safety, beginning 30-60 minutes prior to tip-off, the block of Greene Street, bounded by Lincoln and Gadsden Streets, will be closed to all traffic. This block will also be blocked for 20-30 minutes following each game
– REMINDER! Parking lots C and D near the Darla Moore School of Business and the Carolina Coliseum are being converted into student housing and are NO longer available for parking
– BE AWARE! Due to the construction, various streets in the surrounding area may be closed from time-to-time
– OPTIONS: There is metered parking located both on campus and along city streets that can be utilized for Gamecock basketball games. Patrons should check meter information for hours of use
– All parking lots and garages are handicap parking compliant
– DOORS OPEN: Doors open at the arena for non-conference games one hour prior to tip-off and for conference games one and a half hours prior to tip-off. Sometimes, gates may open early for certain games. Be sure to visit GamecocksOnline.com for the most updated information for each game
Season ticket prices for the upcoming season of Gamecock men’s basketball remain unchanged, with full season packages starting at $90. Like last season, fans can purchase lower level season tickets for $260 (Gamecock Club membership required for sections 104-106, 113-115), the Coke Family Sections are available for $600 (four tickets) and upper level tickets are available for $200 (no Gamecock Club membership required). End zone seating in the upper level is priced at four seats for $360. University Faculty/Staff members receive a 20% discount on lower level and upper level ticket prices. The Gamecocks Pass, a mobile subscription season ticket, is also available for $50.
After selling over 10,000 season tickets for women’s basketball this season, season tickets are sold out. Single-game tickets for all games except the Feb. 8 contest against preseason No. 1 UConn are on sale now at $8 for adults and $4 for youth (17 and under).