BASKETBALL GAMES ANNOUNCED!
Thursday, January 2 – Women’s Basketball vs. Kentucky at 7:40pm
Saturday, February 8 – Texas A&M at 1pm
WHAT IS ACTIVE GAMECOCKS?
South Carolina Athletics is excited to continue its initiative of combating increasing problems in childhood obesity. An incentive-based program, Active Gamecocks presented by Absolute Total Care strives to foster elementary and middle school students’ interests in sports and physical activity.
Note: due to NCAA compliance regulations, only students in grades K – 8 can participate.
Through Active Gamecocks, we encourage elementary and middle school physical education teachers to challenge their students to keep a log of all physical activity done outside of the classroom over a two-week time period. The goal we’ve set this year for students is to complete a total of 400 minutes of physical activity, or an average of 30 minutes a day, outside of the classroom throughout the two weeks. If the student reaches this goal of 400 minutes, they are eligible to receive a voucher for two complimentary tickets (one student and one guardian) to a predetermined Gamecock sporting event.
The program takes place during the academic year, with two different sessions offered. Classrooms are allowed and encouraged to participate in both sessions.
WHAT’S NEW THIS YEAR?
- No longer requiring a program coordinator. Individual teachers/classrooms may register
- Larger window for participation
- We no longer pick the two weeks! Teachers will have a specified window from September to November to complete the two-week program to better accommodate class schedules
- New incentives for teachers
- Teachers who register their class in the program will be entered to win two tickets to a Gamecock Football game
Any questions or requests for more information can be directed to email@example.com.
If your classroom is interested in reading with the Gamecocks, fill out the form below. Once completed, you’ll receive an email with the information packet.
Finished with the two weeks? Fill out the classroom totals form here