Gamecocks Continue ITA Carolina Regionals
South Carolina will have three doubles teams and four singles players in Sunday's round of 16 action.
CARY, N.C.- South Carolina men’s tennis had three doubles teams win twice on Saturday to advance to the ITA Carolina Regional round of 16 while No. 27 Paul Jubb, Yancy Dennis, Joseph Brailovsky, and Daniel Rodrigues each won their day two singles matches to advance to the main draw round of 16.
Jubb continued his dominance from day one with a 6-2, 6-1 win over Felipe Sarrasague (Elon) while Yancy Dennis was pushed before eventually prevailing 6-4, 6-4 over Clark Wilson (Furman). Joseph Brailovsky needed three sets to top Felipe Osses-Konig (Elon) and Daniel Rodrigues defeated Anu Kodali (UNC) 6-3, 2-6, 6-2.
Following a first round bye, Paul Jubb and Yancy Dennis, the No. 49 doubles team in the nation, advanced to the round of 16 with a 6-1, 6-2 win over Henry Lierberman and Ben Wayand (UNCC). Beau Pelletier and Patrick Cacciatore needed a pair of three-set victories to book their spot in the doubles main draw round of 16.
Daniel Rodrigues and Raphael Lambling won 15-13 in a third set to advance out of the first round of doubles and followed up with a 6-3, 7-5 win to remain in the doubles main draw.
Matches will continue on Sunday with main draw singles action set to begin at 9 a.m.
Gamecock Doubles Matches:
Main Draw Round 1
– No. 49 Yancy Dennis / Paul Jubb (1) , bye
– Jake Beasley / Joe Brailovsky def. Raphael Calzi/Dustin Werner (CAMPBELL) 7-5, 6-2
– Beau Pelletier / Patrick Cacciatore def. Austin Hussey/Austin Savarino (7) (UNCW), 3-6, 6-3, 12-10
– Raphael Lambling / Daniel Rodrigues (8) def. Max Benson/Castillo Lopez (PRESBY) 6-2, 4-6, 15-13
Main Draw Round 2
– No. 49 Yancy Dennis / Paul Jubb (1) def. Henry Lierberman/ Ben Wayand (UNCC) 6-1, 6-2
– Simon Baudry/ Zhou Liu (3) (Clemson) def. Jake Beasley / Joe Brailovsky 4-6, 7-6 (2), 10-2
– Beau Pelletier / Patrick Cacciatore def. Ronny Georgi/ Wisse Jonker (ECU) 7-6 (6), 6-2
– Raphael Lambling / Daniel Rodrigues (8) def. Johan Fors/ Breno Plentz (Gardner Webb) 6-3, 7-5
Gamecock Singles Matches:
Main Draw Round 3
– No. 27 Paul Jubb (1) def. Felipe Sarrasague (Elon) 6-2, 6-1
– Yancy Dennis (11) def. Clarke Wilson (Furman) 6-4, 6-4
– Joseph Brailovsky def. Felipe Osses-Konig (Elon) 1-6, 6-3, 6-1
– Daniel Rodrigues def. Anu Kodali (UNC) 6-3, 2-6, 6-2
– Agustin Savarino (UNCW) def. Raphael Lambling 3-6, 6-4, 6-4