South Carolina Athletics is actively working with University leadership, the Southeastern Conference, and public health officials on a safe return to competition this fall. Precautions taken by South Carolina Athletics are consistent with the Governor’s guidance for the State of South Carolina.
Fans are asked to do their part by conscientiously practicing physical/social distancing, frequently washing hands, using hand sanitizer, and wearing face coverings to ensure the safest possible environment throughout the 2020 season. All fans should keep a safe distance of 6 feet between their party and other fans while inside and in the surrounding area of the Carolina Volleyball Center.
Fans who are not feeling well or have been in close contact with someone they suspect may be infected should stay home.
Below are current measures that are planned to be in place at the Carolina Volleyball Center for the 2020 season, grouped by topic in alphabetical order. These measures are subject to change based on recommendations by University leadership, the Southeastern Conference, and public health officials.
GAMECOCK FANS CODE OF CONDUCT:
Gamecock fans are encouraged to wear garnet and black to the games and enthusiastically support the team. Our goal is to create a championship experience with integrity, while exhibiting good sportsmanship and maintaining a safe and respectful atmosphere for our teams and fans to enjoy. The Gamecock image is not only shaped by our student-athletes, coaches, students, and faculty, but by our great fans.
In the spirit of sportsmanship, Gamecock fans shall:
- Conduct themselves in a manner that represents their University, the Southeastern Conference, and the NCAA with honor, dignity, and respect
- Not use vulgar, abusive, racist, sexist, demeaning, or intimidating language at any time
- Support the players, coaches, and officials in a positive manner
- Treat the visiting team, coaches, and fans with courtesy and respect at all times
- Demonstrate the qualities of civility and sportsmanship at all times
- Not engage in cheers that are vulgar, crass, or demeaning
- Refrain from throwing objects onto the field for any reason
- Not become inebriated or belligerent
- Refrain from entering the playing field at any time, including after the game
- Be a positive role model for those around them by treating others with courtesy and respect
- Purses larger than a clutch bag (4.5″ x 6.5″), briefcases, backpacks, and cinch bags of any kind, fanny packs, luggage of any kind, computer bags/cases, binocular bags/cases or any bag larger than permissible size (12″ x 6″ x 12″) [Please see Clear Bag Policy]
- Coolers, thermoses, cups, glass bottles, cans, flasks, (Exception: 1 sealed clear plastic disposable bottle OR 1 empty and clear plastic disposable bottle of water per person (i.e. Dasani water bottle))
- Food of any kind
- Video cameras, tripods, recording devices, detachable camera lenses over 6″, selfie sticks
- Weapons/concealed weapons
- Alcoholic beverages
- Containers of any kind
- Aerosol and spray cans
- Mace/pepper spray
- Animals (except service animals)
- Laser lights, strobe lights and pointers
- Irritants such as artificial noisemakers
- Inflatables (beach balls, etc.)
- Flags and flagpoles, unauthorized banners or posters
- Diaper Bags
- Illegal drugs
- Seat cushions that include pockets, zippers, compartments or covers
- Personal seatbacks with armrests
- Non-approved face coverings
Artificial noisemakers are not permitted in Carolina Volleyball Center and will be confiscated by stadium security.
BEVERAGE POLICY (ALCOHOL):
The possession or consumption of alcohol of any kind in Stone Stadium is expressly prohibited by University policy. Patrons in violation will be ejected and may be subject to arrest. In an effort to encourage an enjoyable experience for all fans, persons who are intoxicated will be denied entry into the stadium, regardless of ticket possession.
Concessions stands at the Carolina Volleyball Center will not be open for the 2020 season. Fans will be permitted to bring in one sealed bottle of water.
FACE COVERING REQUIREMENTS
Face coverings (over the nose and mouth) will be required as a condition of all guest entry and throughout the stadium. Face shields alone are not considered acceptable facial coverings for entry to the Carolina Volleyball Center. Face coverings are required to be worn at all times in the Carolina Volleyball Center including while being seated in the bleachers.
The entrance for fans to enter the Carolina Volleyball Center is located at Park Street. This entrance will open 1 hour prior to first serve for each match. Be advised that all persons, upon entering the facility, consent to a search of their person and property at the time of entry and during their stay on the premises. Carolina Volleyball Center has a no re-entry policy.
- The footprint at all gates and entry and exit points will permit physical distancing between guests
- Signage will be installed at pedestrian paths to the stadium, gates and/or other entry points that outlines mandates
- Mandates include that all guests are required to wear face coverings, maintain physical distancing and states that guests cannot enter the stadium if they display any COVID-19 symptoms as outlined by the CDC
For the 2020 season, attendance at the Carolina Volleyball Center will be limited to members of families for the home and visiting teams.
Cameras that elicit a flash are not allowed once the contest begins. Flashes are a distraction to the student-athletes and could potentially present a safety issue.
Neither the University of South Carolina nor the Gamecock Club will be liable for loss or damage to vehicles parked or contents on South Carolina properties, as well as surrounding property owned, leased, or controlled by the University.
Parking is available in a number of garages or surface lots located around the Carolina Volleyball Center (see parking map for more details). Parking fees are subject to applicable garage rates or events in the area. Handicap parking is located in the N2 lot behind Carolina Volleyball Center on Assembly Street. This parking is first-come, first-served and only available to those with the required hang tag or license plate.
Tailgating, including grills, coolers and large buffet-style spreads, are discouraged. Face coverings will be encouraged to/from parking areas.
PLANS FOR DISINFECTION, SYMPTOMATIC GUESTS, COMMUNCATION/PUBLIC RELATIONS AND AMERICAN WITH DISABILITIES ACT
The University of South Carolina will:
- have a documented plan that outlines the procedures/protocol for appropriate disinfection of the stadium
- have a documented plan that outlines the procedures/protocol for working with guests who exhibit COVID-19 symptoms
- launch a communication/public relations campaign for communicating all COVID-19 procedures/protocol to prospective guests
- ensure they comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act in the development and implementation of all procedures/protocols
POLITICAL MATERIALS & SOLICITATIONS
Soliciting or vending of goods or services is strictly prohibited throughout Carolina Volleyball Center, as well as lots owned or leased by the university on game day. Distribution of political stickers, brochures, promotional items, or other solicitations is strictly forbidden on properties owned or leased by the university.
- Restroom layouts have been modified to provide proper social distancing
- Restrooms will be limited based on size
- Cleaning personnel will be assigned to each restroom for increased cleaning
- Hand dryers will not be operable
- Though seats will be general admission for fans on the player-pass list, you must sit in pods with the group that they are attending with. Player-pass tickets will be allowed to sit in designated seats on the Assembly Street bleachers and South end-zone bleachers.
- Available seating pods will be spaced according to CDC guidelines and will be designated by a seat sticker.
- The University of South Carolina is a tobacco-free campus, which includes the ban of electronic cigarettes. The policy is in effect at all University of South Carolina facilities, as well as surrounding property owned, leased, or controlled by the University. These restrictions apply to all areas of the Carolina Volleyball Center. We request and appreciate your adherence and compliance with this University policy; violators are subject to ejection.