No. 3 Gamecocks host No. 4 Georgia on Friday
COLUMBIA, S.C. – The No. 3 University of South Carolina equestrian team wraps up its fall schedule when it hosts the No. 4 Georgia Bulldogs on Friday at OneWood Farm.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic fans will NOT be allowed at OneWood Farm during the meets this fall. Limited access for family members on the team’s guest list will be allowed, but anyone not already on the list will NOT be permitted into the facility.
“We’re looking forward to hosting a good Georgia team,” head coach Boo Major said. “It’s been a tough week of practice with the inclement weather but we’re working hard to correct mistakes we made last week. Our girls will be ready. It’s been a real privilege to host the first meet of the COVID era and the last meet of what has been a most interesting fall semester.”
What You Need to Know
- Carolina looks to finish the fall strong after dropping the first two meets of the season against No. 1 Auburn and at No. 7 Texas A&M.
- The Gamecocks found some success at No. 7 Texas A&M last week with junior Sloane Vogt winning the first reining Most Outstanding Player award of her career. She has two career M.O.P. wins after taking one award last year in horsemanship.
- Carolina excelled in the horsemanship competition at A&M, with sophomore Kiersten Beckner, junior Kamiah McGrath and senior Alexa Thorpe all picking up wins.
- Junior Trinity Hammerschmidt improved to 2-0 in over fences action with her 80-79 win at Texas A&M. Sophomore Madeline Schaefer joined Hammerschmidt in the win column with her 84-81 win.
- Freshman Maya Clarkson made a triumphant debut for the Garnet and Black by picking up a 73-68 win on the flat.
Scouting the Bulldogs
Georgia comes into the matchup with a 1-1 record after a season opening loss to No. 1 Auburn and a win over No. 7 Texas A&M, both coming at home. This is the first and only road meet of the fall for the Bulldogs.
Follow the Meet
Live scoring for Friday’s meet is available HERE. Updates will also on our Twitter and Instagram accounts.