Gamecocks Dominate Day 2 of Gator Fall Invite
COLUMBIA, S.C. – South Carolina men’s tennis put up a dominating performance on the second day of the Gator Fall Invite. The team picked up wins in all three doubles matches of the day, including a win over the No. 3 tandem in the nation, as well as four singles wins over UCF.
The final day of the tournament will begin at 9 a.m. Sunday.
- Doubles pair Connor Thomson and Jake Beasley secured a win over Bogdan Pavel and Trey Hilderbrand, the No. 3 doubles team in the nation
- Duo Raphael Lambling and James Story along with duo Carter Morgan and Beau Pelletier both secured convincing doubles wins with scores of 8-2 and 8-4, respectively
- Junior Daniel Rodrigues, the No. 3 player in the nation, secured his first singles win of the season after a hard-fought match. Rodrigues took the first set 6-4 but dropped the second 2-6. The two battled to a tiebreak in the third with Rodrigues delivering key points late for the 7-6 (6) victory.
- Thomson, Lambling, and Story, all ranked in the preseason top 60, each secured singles victories in straight sets.
For all the latest South Carolina men’s tennis information, continue to follow GamecocksOnline.com or the team on social media (@GamecockMTennis).
Gamecock Day 2 Results
1. Connor Thomson/Jake Beasley (USC) def. #3 Bogdan Pavel/Trey Hilderbrand (UCF), 8-5
2. Raphael Lambling/James Story (USC) def. JC Roddick/Bryan Triana (UCF), 8-2
3. Carter Morgan/Beau Pelletier (USC) def. Quinn Snyder/Cooper White (UCF), 8-4
1. #3 Daniel Rodrigues (USC) def. Trey Hilderbrand (UCF), 6-4, 2-6, 7-6 (6)
2. #16 Connor Thomson (USC) def. Bogdan Pavel (UCF), 6-3, 6-2
3. #39 Raphael Lambling (USC) def. Bryan Triana (UCF) 6-1, 6-2
4. JC Roddick (UCF) def. Jake Beasley (USC), 7-6 (5), 6-4
5. #56 James Story (USC) def. Cooper White (UCF), 6-3, 6-1
6. Quinn Snyder (UCF) def. Carter Morgan (USC), 7-6 (4), 6-4