Final details announced for Big Gamecock Weekend
April 14-16 in Columbia
COLUMBIA, S.C. – The University of South Carolina Athletics Department this afternoon announced final details for Big Gamecock Weekend, taking place April 14 – 16.
Big Gamecock Weekend Events
Thursday, April 14
- Baseball vs. Ole Miss at 7 p.m.
- Friday, April 15
- Beach Volleyball vs. College of Charleston at 11 a.m.
- Men’s Tennis vs. Texas A&M at 5 p.m.
- Beach Volleyball vs. Coastal Carolina at 5:30 p.m.
- Baseball vs. Ole Miss at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, April 16
- Cocky Trot 5K & Fun Run/Walk begins at 9 a.m.
- Track and Field Gamecock Invitational – All Day
- Gamecock Block Party sponsored by Palmetto Shirt Company begins at 10 a.m. on Williams Street
- Beach Volleyball vs. Florida Gulf Coast at 11 a.m.
- Baseball vs. Ole Miss at 1 p.m.
- Beach Volleyball vs. Georgia State at 3 p.m.
- Patrick Davis Pregame Concert begins at 5 p.m. in Gamecock Park
- Alumni Flag Football game begins at 6 p.m. in William-Brice Stadium
- Garnet and Black Spring Game at 7 p.m.
- Postgame fireworks following the conclusion of the Spring Game
Check-in and Win
As part of Big Gamecock Weekend, South Carolina Athletics will host 10 home athletic events that fans are encouraged to attend. At each event, fans can scan the QR code (locations listed below) to check-in. Each check-in will enter fans into a drawing for various prizes, including season tickets. The more check-ins a fan has, the more chances they have to win prizes.
- Baseball Check-in Location: Guest Service Kiosk behind home plate
- Beach Volleyball Check-in Location: Marketing table at entrance to Wheeler Beach
- Men’s Tennis Check-in Location: Marketing Table at entrance to Carolina Tennis Center
- Track and Field Check-in Location: Near the main seating area of Cregger Track
- Football Check-in Location: Marketing Table in Gamecock Village (3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
Cocky Trot 5K & Fun Run/Walk
It’s not too late to register for the Cocky Trot 5K & Fun Run/Walk. The 5K will begin at 9 a.m. and the Fun Run/Walk will begin at 9:05 a.m. Registration is $35 for adults and $20 for youth (17 and under). Fans will be able to register the morning of the race in Gamecock Village. Parking for the Cocky Trot 5K will be located in Quad 2 and 4 in Gamecock Village off National Guard Road. Parking lots will open at 7:30 a.m. Fans will be asked to move their cars from Gamecock Village at the conclusion of the race prior to lots reopening for the Garnet & Black Spring Game.
Gamecock Village/Pregame Concert
Gamecock Village will open at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 16 and close at 6:30 p.m. Fans can stop by to pick up this year’s football poster. The pregame concert featuring Patrick Davis will begin at approximately 5 p.m. and will conclude at 6:30 p.m.
Fans are encouraged to line the Garnet Way as the team makes their way from the Football Operations Building to Williams-Brice Stadium at approximately 5:15 p.m.
Garnet & Black Spring Game Parking
Gamecock Park will open at 3 p.m. and is free to fans on a first-come, first-served basis. The LMC Fair Park lot will open for fans at 4 p.m. and will be $10 per vehicle.
Garnet & Black Spring Game Stadium Information
Gates for the Garnet & Black spring game will be open at 5:30 p.m. The Clear Bag policy will be in effect. Due to construction on the West Side of the stadium, not all gates will be opened. Seating is first-come, first-served for the Garnet and Black Spring game and the entire lower level will be open for fans. Students are encouraged to enter the student gates and sit in the student section. Concessions will be available during the spring game, including beer and wine sales.
2022 football single game and season tickets are now available. Gamecock Fans are encouraged to come to Williams-Brice Stadium to Catch A Game this fall. Click the button below for more information.