No. 9 South Carolina Hosts No. 21 Texas A&M for Senior Day
Columbia, S.C. – No. 9 South Carolina men’s tennis will host No. 21 Texas A&M on Fri., April 15, for their final regular season home match of the year. The Gamecocks will honor their four fourth-year members prior to first serve at 5 p.m. Live stats and streaming will be available and the match will be aired on the Cracked Racquets CrossCourt Cast. The Gamecocks are in search of their first ever victory over Texas A&M at home.
- The Gamecocks are 20-5 on the season with a 9-2 mark in conference play. They are on a five match win streak and have won seven straight matches against SEC opponents.
- South Carolina is undefeated at home on the season with a perfect 14-0 mark. They have a 17-match home winning streak dating back to the 2021 season.
- Junior Daniel Rodrigues leads the Gamecocks from the No. 1 spot in the lineup. The Funchal, Portugal, native is currently ranked No. 2 in the nation in singles and is ranked in two doubles pairs – No. 22 with sophomore Connor Thomson (15-4) and No. 80 with junior Beau Pelletier (2-0).
- Rodrigues is on an 11-match winning streak with all 11 wins over ranked opponents. His streak dates back to March 6th and includes seven top-50 wins – Nos. 18, 19, 21, 25, 35, 44, and 46. Of his 11 ranked wins, eight have been straight-sets victories. He is 20-2 from the No. 1 position and has a 16-2 mark over ranked opponents. His 16 ranked wins this season are the second most against ranked opponents in program history.
- Sophomore Toby Samuel is ranked No. 73 in the nation and has a 15-5 record in dual match action. Samuel has clinched seven matches for the Gamecocks this season.
- Freshman Casey Hoole had a perfect weekend in the team’s last outing. Hoole won two doubles matches with Samuel from the No. 3 position and won his singles match against Zach Foster of Alabama in straight sets to help the Gamecocks complete the sweep on the road.
Scouting the Aggies
- The Aggies are 21-10 on the season and have a 7-3 SEC record. They took down No. 23 UCLA and No. 12 Arizona at home during the ITA Kickoff Weekend to advance to the Indoor National Championships where they lost all three of their matches. Their most notable win of the season is a 4-3 upset over No. 8 Georgia at home.
- Texas A&M is led by junior Noah Schachter. Schachter is currently ranked No. 41 by the ITA and has an 11-13 record from the No. 1 position. He has earned ranked wins over Nos. 25, 32, 33, 39, 96, and 112.
- Aggie doubles are led by No. 20 Schachter and sophomore Kenner Taylor. The duo is 13-4 from the top of the doubles lineup and holds ranked wins over Nos. 17, 20, 65, and 76.
- Texas A&M leads the all-time series against the Gamecocks 13-4. The Aggies have won 12 of the last 13 matchups with South Carolina’s most recent win coming during the 2019 SEC tournament in Gainesville, Fla. South Carolina has never won a match against Texas A&M at home.
For all the latest South Carolina men’s tennis information, continue to follow GamecocksOnline.com or the team on social media (@GamecockMTennis).