Gamecocks Set for Lone Road Match of September
WILMINGTON, N.C. – The South Carolina men’s soccer hits the road for its lone away match in the month of September, as the Gamecocks travel to UNC Wilmington to take on the Seahawks Tuesday, September 13, with kickoff is set for 7 p.m.
Gameday Information – #WEareCarolina
When: September 13 | 7 p.m.
Where: Wilmington, N.C.
Venue: UNCW Soccer Stadium (3,000)
Live Stats: StatBroadcast
Live Video: FloSports
Series History: South Carolina leads 7-3-1
Last Meeting: UNCW 5, South Carolina 0 | September 12, 2015 | Wilmington, N.C.
South Carolina Gamecocks 2-2-1, 0-0 Sun Belt
Coach: Tony Annan | 2nd Season – 7-11-3
Goal Leader: 2 | Logan Frost
Assist Leader: 2 | Adam Luckhurst
Points Leader: 5 | Logan Frost
Shots Leader: 8 | Adam Luckhurst and Parker League
Saves Leader: 19 | Ben Alexander
UNCW Seahawks 1-1-2, 0-0 Colonial
Coach: Aidan Heaney | 22nd Season
Goal Leader: 2 | Cannon Tootle
Assist Leader: 2 | Gabe Mercer
Points Leader: 4 | Cannon Tootle
Shots Leader: 6 | Cannon Tootle
Saves Leader: 16 | Gabriel Perrotta
Taking the Pitch
- This is the 12th meeting between the Gamecocks and Seahawks.
- The Seahawks have won the last two meetings.
- Carolina is 3-2-1 in Wilmington
- The Gamecock’s last win in North Carolina cam in 2004, a 3-1 victory.
- The two teams have met four times since the turn of the century (04, 05, 14, 15). Since then the series is tied 2-2.
- ‘Their first meeting came during South Carolina’s first season as a program on Nov. 4, 1978. The Gamecocks won 3-1.
- The two teams met in each of the first seven seasons that Carolina had a program.
- The lone tie of the series came in 1982, a 1-1 draw in Wilmington.
- In the series, the Gamecocks have out-scored the Seahawks 26-21.
- Adam Luckhurst became the first player since 2018 to record a goal and two assists in a match against Winthrop.
- Rocky Perez and Bryce Griffith were named to the Wolstein Classic All-Tournament Team.
- Freshman goalkeeper Ben Alexander was named to the Canadian U-20 team, where he started three matches during the 2022 Concacaf Men’s U-20 Championship.
- The roster features 17 newcomers; five transfers and 12 true freshmen.
- The team returns 10 players from the 2021 squad, including All-Conference performers Peter Clement, Logan Frost, and Harrison Myring.