Men’s Soccer Continues Homestand Against Queens Tuesday Night
COLUMBIA, S.C. – The South Carolina men’s soccer team continues its homestand Tuesday night (Sept. 20) when the Gamecocks host Queens University of Charlotte at 7 p.m.
Gameday Information – #WEareCarolina
When: September 20 | 7 p.m.
Where: Columbia, S.C.
Venue: Stone Stadium (5,700)
Live Stats: StatBroadcast
Live Video: ESPN+
Series History: First meeting
South Carolina Gamecocks 3-3-1, 0-0 Sun Belt
Coach: Tony Annan | 2nd Season – 8-12-3
Goal Leader: 2 | Logan Frost
Assist Leader: 2 | Three tied
Points Leader: 6 | Logan Frost
Shots Leader: 12 | Parker League
Saves Leader: 26 | Ben Alexander
Queens Royals 1-4, 0-1 ASUN
Coach: Oliver Carias | 11th Season
Goal Leader: 2 | Mario Goic
Assist Leader: 2 | Matheus Pereira
Points Leader: 5 | Mario Goic
Shots Leader: 16 | Mario Goic
Saves Leader: 20 | Javier Izquierdo-Cuervo
Taking the Pitch
- This is the first meeting between the two programs.
- Queens is in their first year as a Division I program.
- The teams have three common opponents on the schedule.
- The Gamecocks played Gardner-Webb in an exhibition, while the Royals played Winthrop in an exhibition.
- The lone common opponent of the regular season is UNCW. The Royals will take on the Seahawks in October.
- Adam Luckhurst became the first player since 2018 to record a goal and two assists in a match when he did so against Winthrop.
- Rocky Perez and Bryce Griffith were named to the Wolstein Classic All-Tournament Team.
- Freshman goalkeeper Ben Alexander was named to the Canadian U-20 team, where he started three matches during the 2022 Concacaf Men’s U-20 Championship.
- The roster features 17 newcomers; five transfers and 12 true freshmen.
- The team returns 10 players from the 2021 squad, including All-Conference performers Peter Clement, Logan Frost, and Harrison Myring.
For the latest on men’s soccer, visit GamecocksOnline.com or follow the team’s social media accounts on Twitter @GamecockMSoccer, Facebook /GamecockMSoccer, and Instagram @GamecockMSoccer.