Gamecocks to Honor Five on Senior Day Against Kentucky Tuesday
COLUMBIA, S.C. – The South Carolina men’s soccer team wraps up the regular season when it hosts No. 2 Kentucky for a Sun Belt Conference match November 1 at 7 p.m. Prior to the match, the Gamecocks will honor their five seniors, Brian Banahan, Logan Frost, Logan Hitzeman, Parker League, and Alex McDonald.
Gameday Information – #WEareCarolina
When: November 1 | 7 p.m.
Where: Columbia, S.C.
Venue: Stone Stadium (5,700)
Live Stats: StatBroadcast
Series History: Kentucky leads 10-7-4
Last Meeting: South Carolina 0, Kentucky 0 | Oct. 23, 2021 | Lexington, Ky.
South Carolina Gamecocks 5-6-4, 1-3-3 Sun Belt
Coach: Tony Annan | 2nd Season – 10-15-6
Goal Leader: 4 | Adam Luckhurst
Assist Leader: 4 | Adam Luckhurst
Points Leader: 12 | Adam Luckhurst
Shots Leader: 28 | Adam Luckhurst
Saves Leader: 47 | Ben Alexander
#2 Kentucky Wildcats 10-0-5, 4-0-3 Sun Belt
Coach: Johan Cedergren | 10th Season
Goal Leader: 8 | Eythor Bjorgolfsson
Assist Leader: 11 | Nick Gutmann
Points Leader: 21 | Nick Gutmann
Shots Leader: 48 | Casper Grening
Saves Leader: 17 | Casper Mols
Taking the Pitch
- The two teams joined the Sun Belt Conference together this season after spending the last 16 seasons in Conference-USA.
- This is the 21st meeting between the two programs.
- In Columbia, the Gamecocks and Wildcats are tied 4-4-1.
- The Gamecocks last won at Stone Stadium on Nov. 4, 2016, 2-1.
- The two team tied 0-0 last season. It was the third scoreless draw in the series (‘05, ‘13).
- All-time in the series, Kentucky has out-scored the Gamecocks by just one goal, 25-24.
- The last time the two teams played in Columbia was during the spring season in 2021.
- South Carolina leads the nation in average attendance with 2,918 fans per game.
- Carolina is one away from matching the program record for ties in a season set in 2008 and 2013.
- Two Gamecocks have scored a brace this season, Adam Luckhurst and Logan Frost.
- Adam Luckhurst became the first player since 2018 to record a goal and two assists in a match when he did so against Winthrop.
- Rocky Perez and Bryce Griffith were named to the Wolstein Classic All-Tournament Team.
- Freshman goalkeeper Ben Alexander was named to the Canadian U-20 team, where he started three matches during the 2022 Concacaf Men’s U-20 Championship.
- The roster features 17 newcomers; five transfers and 12 true freshmen.
- The team returns 10 players from the 2021 squad, including All-Conference performers Peter Clement, Logan Frost, and Harrison Myring.