Men's Soccer Opens Season at Campbell Thursday Night
BUIES CREEK, N.C. – The South Carolina men’s soccer team kicks off its 45th season, when the Gamecocks travel to Campbell for the season opener August 24 at 7 p.m. This marks the start of the third season for the Gamecocks under head coach Tony Annan.
Gameday Information – #WEareCarolina
When: August 24 | 7 p.m.
Where: Buies Creek, N.C.
Venue: Eakes Athletics Complex (586)
Live Stats: StatBroadcast
Series History: South Carolina leads 2-0
Last Meeting: South Carolina 1, Campbell 0 | Sept. 17, 2022 | Columbia, S.C.
South Carolina Gamecocks 0-0, 0-0 Sun Belt
Coach: Tony Annan | 3rd Season – 10-17-6
Returning Goal Leader: 5 | Adam Luckhurst
Returning Assist Leader: 4 | Adam Luckhurst
Returning Points Leader: 12 | Adam Luckhurst
Returning Shots Leader: 30 | Adam Luckhurst
Returning Saves Leader: 54 | Ben Alexander
Campbell Camels 0-0-0, 0-0-0 CAA
Coach: Dustin Fonder | 9th Season
Returning Goal Leader: 3 | Gerard Broussard
Returning Assist Leader: 8 | Kyoji Hata
Returning Points Leader: 12 | Kyoji Hata
Returning Shots Leader: 24 | Kyoji Hata
Returning Saves Leader: 13 | Sean Ellis
Taking the Pitch
- This will be only the third meeting between the two programs.
- This will be the first road game in the series for South Carolina.
- The Gamecocks lead the series 2-0, having won in the first meeting on Nov. 1, 1995 4-0, also in Columbia.
- Carolina won on its home pitch last season on Sept. 17, 1-0 on a goal by Cristiano Bruletti in the 20th minute.
- This is the 45th season of South Carolina men’s soccer.
- The Gamecocks have an all-time record of 521-278-82.
- South Carolina finished the regular season last season leading the nation in average attendance with 2,839 fans per game.
- The Gamecocks begin their second season in the Sun Belt Conference.
- Carolina was picked to finish fifth in the conference by the coaches.
- The roster features 10 newcomers; five transfers and five true freshmen.
- They return eight starters from a season ago, including four starters in the defensive end.
- The team returns Adam Luckhurst who led the Gamecocks in every offensive category.