Gamecock Athletics announces strategic revenue plan
With the goals of competing for championships, improving the fan experience at home events, and providing financial support to the over 500 student-athletes representing the Gamecocks in mind, the University of South Carolina Athletics Department and The Gamecock Club are announcing a new multi-year strategic revenue plan.
The new revenue plan calls for small percentage increases each year for season ticket and parking prices rather than steep increases every five to eight years, as has been done previously. Receiving feedback, we heard a lot about how small incremental increases reduce the financial burden that large increases bring. Gamecock Club membership dues will be evaluated annually.
What’s changing for the 2024-25 athletics year
The Gamecock Club will place a stronger emphasis on loyalty by rewarding members for consecutive years of giving in two ways:
- Members will receive five priority points each time they renew their membership, an increase from just two points per year.
- The Decade Dividends program will be modified to increase the bonus awarded at each decade of giving. When a member reaches a new decade of giving, they will receive an additional point bonus that corresponds with their consecutive years (i.e. a 20 point bonus for a member’s 20th year of membership). This adjustment will be applied retroactively for all members.
- Season ticket prices will see a four percent or less increase across all sections, returning ticket costs to at or below the 2018 prices.
- Fans will see a 15 to 25 percent increase in season parking prices, which have not been altered since 2015.
- Season ticket prices will increase no more than $25, excluding premier and courtside seats.
Baseball and Men’s Basketball
- A two to four percent increase in season ticket prices will be implemented.
What’s changing for the 2025-26 athletics year and beyond
- In June 2023, the Gamecock Club board of directors approved an increase in membership dues that range from 11 to 20%. The lowest level (Roost) will remain unchanged at $100. This membership payment is due January 31, 2025.
- Dues will be evaluated annually and may see smaller percentage increases in subsequent years.
Football, Men’s and Women’s Basketball and Baseball
- Season ticket prices may increase by two to four percent each year.
- Season parking prices may increase by two to four percent each year.