Gameday Information and Policies
CLEAR BAG POLICY
To provide a safer environment and more expedited entry for fans, South Carolina Athletics implemented a clear bag policy beginning with the 2016-17 season for all ticketed athletic events that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into the venues for baseball, men’s and women’s basketball, football, men’s and women’s soccer, softball, volleyball and indoor track.
To provide a safer environment and more expedited entry for fans, South Carolina Athletics implemented a clear bag policy beginning with the 2016-17 season for all ticketed athletic events that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into the venues for baseball, men’s and women’s basketball, football, men’s and women’s soccer, softball, and volleyball.
- Clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags that do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″ — A logo no larger than 4.5″ x 3.4″ can be displayed on one side of a permissible clear bag.
- A clear bag shall be clear from top-to-bottom and up to a 2″ trim/border on the bag is generally acceptable.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″ — approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap
- Medically necessary items (Special medical gates for football: West Premium Gate 21 and East Gate 81)
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to:
- Purses larger than a clutch bag
- Fanny packs
- Cinch/Drawstring bags
- Luggage of any kind
- Computer bags
- Diaper bags
- Binocular cases
- Camera bags
- Non-approved seat cushions, which include large traditional seat cushions that have pockets, zippers, compartments or covers
Guests will continue to be able to carry items allowed into the venue, such as binoculars, cameras, and smart phones. A complete list of prohibited items can be found on our Prohibited Items page.
Artificial noisemakers are not permitted in Founders Park and will be confiscated by stadium security.
- Purses larger than a clutch bag (4.5″ x 6.5″), briefcases, backpacks, and cinch bags of any kind, fanny packs, luggage of any kind, computer bags/cases, camera bags/cases, binocular bags/cases or any bag larger than the permissible size (12″ x 6″ x 12″) or that does not meet appropriate clear bag standards. [Please see Clear Bag Policy]
- Coolers, thermoses, cups, glass bottles, cans, flasks (Exception: 1 sealed clear plastic disposable bottle OR 1 empty and clear plastic disposable bottle of water per person (i.e., Dasani water bottle))
- Food of any kind
- Video cameras, tripods, recording devices, detachable camera lenses over 6″, selfie sticks
- Weapons/concealed weapons
- Alcoholic beverages
- Containers of any kind
- Aerosol and spray cans
- Mace/pepper spray
- Animals (except service animals)
- Laser lights, strobe lights and pointers
- Irritants such as artificial noisemakers
- Inflatables (beach balls, etc.)
- Flags and flagpoles, unauthorized banners, or posters
- Illegal drugs
- Seat cushions that include pockets, zippers, compartments or covers
- Personal seat backs with armrests
- Non-approved face coverings
- Other items that in the judgement of stadium management pose a safety hazard or diminish the enjoyment of an event by other patrons
Gamecock Fans Code of Conduct
Gamecock fans are encouraged to wear garnet and black to the games and enthusiastically support the team. Our goal is to create a championship experience with integrity, while exhibiting good sportsmanship and maintaining a safe and respectful atmosphere for our teams and fans to enjoy. The Gamecock image is not only shaped by our student-athletes, coaches, students, and faculty, but by our great fans.
In the spirit of sportsmanship, Gamecock fans shall:
- Conduct themselves in a manner that represents their University, the Southeastern Conference, and the NCAA with honor, dignity, and respect
- Fans should refrain from the following but not limited to vulgar, abusive, derogatory, demeaning, or intimidating language, gestures or cheers at any time. This is inclusive of refraining from the reference of race, gender, age, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion and the like
- Support the student-athletes, coaches, and officials in a positive manner
- Treat the visiting team, coaches, and fans with courtesy and respect at all times
- Demonstrate the qualities of civility and sportsmanship at all times
- Not engage in cheers that are vulgar, crass, or demeaning
- Refrain from throwing objects onto the field for any reason
- Not become inebriated or belligerent
- Refrain from entering the playing field at any time, including after the game
- Be a positive role model for those around them by treating others with courtesy and respect
- Consequences of not abiding by the Gamecock Fan Code of Conduct could result in relocation of seats, removal from the venue or cancellation of season tickets.
Aircraft and Drone Policy
The use of drones is prohibited on all property owned, leased, or controlled by the University of South Carolina, as well as the South Carolina State Fairgrounds property. The University of South Carolina Athletics Department asks that you please adhere to the following FAA policies, per the NOTAM document concerning flight restrictions for sporting events.
No flight operation may take place within 3 nautical miles, nor up to 3,000 feet around the perimeter of the stadium, from one hour prior to the start of the event until one hour after its completion. These restrictions also apply to all unmanned or remote-controlled Drone aircrafts. Failure to comply with these restrictions will result in the appropriate legal response from law enforcement officials.
In the event that inclement weather approaches Founders Park, public announcements will be made to update fans on the situation. Should a lightning strike occur within 8 miles of the stadium, play will be stopped immediately. Play will resume thirty minutes after the last strike to occur within the 8-mile threat radius. Fans are encouraged to exit the venue and seek shelter in their vehicles during weather delays. All ticket stubs should be kept for re-entry into the ballpark. Updates may also be communicated via radio on 107.5 The Game, or on Gamecock social media platforms. These include @GamecockBasebll and @GamecocksOnline.
The University of South Carolina is a tobacco-free campus. The policy, which includes the ban of electronic cigarettes, is in effect at all University of South Carolina facilities, as well as surrounding property owned, leased, or controlled by the University. These restrictions apply to all areas of Founders Park. We request and appreciate your adherence and compliance with this University policy; violators are subject to ejection.
Alcoholic Beverage Policy
Beer and wine will be sold at Aramark concessions stands, portable kiosks and by other vendors at Founders Park.
Patrons purchasing beer or wine will be carded at the point of sale and will be limited to two beverages per sale. Students are not permitted to use their Carolina Cards to purchase alcohol. Per SEC regulation, beer and wine sales at Founders Park will end at the top of the 7th innings.
An Aramark Alcohol Compliance Officer will monitor alcohol points of sale on the concourse to ensure proper procedures are carried out. Points of sale will be equipped with ID Scanners for age verification.
The possession of alcohol while entering Founders Park is expressly prohibited. Patrons in violation will be ejected and may be subject to arrest. In an effort to encourage an enjoyable experience for all fans, persons who are intoxicated will be denied entry into the stadium, regardless of ticket possession.
Vendors/Political Materials & Solicitations
Soliciting or vending of any goods or services is strictly prohibited in the lots owned or leased by the Athletics Department on game day.
Founders Park is ADA accessible with handicapped and wheelchair seating located along the concourse level.
Persons needing ADA seating on an individual game basis must contact the Athletics Ticket Office at (803) 777-4274. Limited seating is available and sold on a first come first served basis.
Fan Help Text Line/Game Enhancement Line
Report stadium issues, unruly behavior, or requests for help by texting: “USC” <space> issue and location to 69050. Assistance is available one and a half hours before the game and thirty minutes after the game. (Message and Data rates may apply.)
The first aid station is located on the main concourse level, adjacent to Sections 5 and 6 on the first base line. If assistance is needed, contact the nearest event staff/usher for directions to the first aid facility. The medical facility is equipped and staffed as a limited first-aid treatment station. Please be aware of objects leaving the playing field at all times, if necessary seek medical assistance.
For any guest services needs, please visit the Guest Services kiosk at home plate. For information, event staff/ushers are located on the concourse level throughout the facility.
Lost and Found
Lost and found for Founders Park will be in the corridor next to the First Aid Station on the main concourse level. Call (803) 777-8506 for assistance.
Restrooms will be available for use once gates open and are located on the first and third base sides of the concourse and the outfield.
All fans will be required to go through a security screening before entering Founders Park. Fans do not need to remove any items from their pockets or bags and will be instructed to move through the metal detectors in a timely fashion. Fans with bags will continue through the security screening and proceed to the closest bag check area. Tickets will be scanned at the gate entrance.
The University of South Carolina makes every attempt to ensure fans are able to enjoy the festivities surrounding the game. If you observe threatening or illegal behavior, do not hesitate to contact law enforcement or event staff security. If you see something, say something. Uniformed officers from various law enforcement agencies, and event staff security, are stationed throughout the tailgating areas, gameday facilities, and Founders Park for your safety.
Individuals with disabilities may use the elevators located behind home plate on the first base side.
Gates 1, 2 & 4 will open one hour prior to game time. Gate 3 will be closed.
Be advised that all persons, upon entering property/stadium, consent to a search of their person and property at the time of entry and during their stay on the premises. Founders Park has a no-re-entry policy; tickets can only be scanned for use once.
One of the great features of Founders Park is the ability to view the action from anywhere in the ballpark. The facility is ADA accessible with handicapped and wheelchair seating located along the concourse level. Out of courtesy to season ticket holders, wheelchair patrons, and others with mobility issues, a courtesy/no-standing zone has been created for those seated on the last row along the stadium concourse. We appreciate your cooperation in making this seating area accessible at all times.
Stadium Tickets, Refunds/Resales
The gameday box office is conveniently located next to Gate 1 at Founders Park and will open one hour prior to game time. Tickets cannot be resold at the Founders Park site. Lost or stolen tickets are not the responsibility of management. Additional tickets can be purchased through the box office if available. Admission is complimentary for children ages 2 and under as long as they do not occupy a seat. There is a NO cash refund policy in effect for all tickets. Management reserves the right to refuse admission. Founders Park is cashless and reverse ATM’s are located on the first and third base side of Founders Park.
- To offer greater convenience and safety, mobile-only ticketing will provide contactless entry to Founders Park for all 2023 Gamecock Baseball games.
- To expedite entry and ensure the best possible gameday experience, fans should download their tickets prior to arrival and enter through the gate shown on their mobile ticket.
- Please review our Digital Ticketing Guide for a step-by-step guide to access mobile tickets.
- Download the Gameday App to manage mobile tickets.
The University conveniently places receptacles for the disposal of trash and recyclables throughout the stadium and parking areas. Help us keep the area enjoyable by disposing all bagged trash into these receptacles. Fans are encouraged to utilize recycling containers for appropriate items.
The Hay Fant Sparks Jr. Playground is located adjacent to the right field foul line for your family’s enjoyment. It includes slides and climbing areas in a shaded area that is lit during the night. Adult supervision is required at all times during playground use.
For the 2023 season, ParkHub digital parking passes will be utilized for all season parking passes. Gameday parking sales will be cashless as credit cards will be accepted. Public gameday parking lots are located at the corner of Williams and Wheat Street, 410 Huger Street, and 409 Blossom Street.
Game Day Shuttles
All shuttle services for students and patrons to Founders Park will be provided beginning 2 hours before game time. Round trip shuttle service for patrons is $5 per rider from the Key Road gravel parking lot. USC students ride for free with their Carolina Card from the Pendleton Street garage. This service will be offered before, during, and up to one hour after each home game.
Handicapped parking is sold on a season-long basis in Lot 8 for the 2023 season. Handicap parking is also available in Lots 1 and 3. A handicap golf cart shuttle will be available for individuals in Lot 1 and 3.
Neither the University of South Carolina nor the Gamecock Club will be liable for loss or damage to vehicles parked or contents on South Carolina properties as well as surrounding property owned, leased, or controlled by the University.
There is no RV Parking in Lot B due to high student demand for parking in this area. There is no overnight RV Parking in any South Carolina controlled parking lots.
Towing of vehicles impeding the flow of traffic or obstructing the right of a member to park in assigned parking is imminent. Once a tow truck has arrived at the vehicle in violation, negotiations will be strictly between the towing company and the vehicle owner. Any towed vehicles can be recovered by calling the USC Police Department. The phone number is 803 777-4215. For USC Police on Gameday please call 803-777-2022 or 803-777-4215.