Gameday Information and Policies
Artificial noisemakers are not permitted in Wheeler Beach.
- Coolers, thermoses, cups, glass bottles, cans, flasks (Exception: 1 sealed clear plastic disposable bottle OR 1 empty and clear plastic disposable bottle of water per person (i.e., Dasani water bottle))
- Food of any kind
- Video cameras, tripods, recording devices, detachable camera lenses over 6″, selfie sticks
- Weapons/concealed weapons
- Alcoholic beverages
- Containers of any kind
- Aerosol and spray cans
- Mace/pepper spray
- Animals (except service animals)
- Laser lights, strobe lights and pointers
- Irritants such as artificial noisemakers
- Inflatables (beach balls, etc.)
- Flags and flagpoles, unauthorized banners, or posters
- Illegal drugs
- Seat cushions that include pockets, zippers, compartments or covers
- Personal seat backs with armrests
- Other items that in the judgement of stadium management pose a safety hazard or diminish the enjoyment of an event by other patrons
Gamecock Fans Code of Conduct
Gamecock fans are encouraged to wear garnet and black to the games and enthusiastically support the team. Our goal is to create a championship experience with integrity, while exhibiting good sportsmanship and maintaining a safe and respectful atmosphere for our teams and fans to enjoy. The Gamecock image is not only shaped by our student-athletes, coaches, students, and faculty, but by our great fans.
In the spirit of sportsmanship, Gamecock fans shall:
- Conduct themselves in a manner that represents their University, the Southeastern Conference, and the NCAA with honor, dignity, and respect
- Fans should refrain from the following but not limited to vulgar, abusive, derogatory, demeaning, or intimidating language, gestures or cheers at any time. This is inclusive of refraining from the reference of race, gender, age, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion and the like
- Support the players, coaches, and officials in a positive manner
- Treat the visiting team, coaches, and fans with courtesy and respect at all times
- Demonstrate the qualities of civility and sportsmanship at all times
- Refrain from throwing objects onto the field for any reason
- Not become inebriated or belligerent
- Refrain from entering the playing field at any time, including after the game
- Be a positive role model for those around them by treating others with courtesy and respect
- Consequences of not abiding by the Gamecock Fan Code of Conduct could result in relocation of seats, removal from the venue or cancellation of season tickets
Aircraft and Drone Policy
The use of drones is prohibited on all property owned, leased, or controlled by the University of South Carolina, as well as the South Carolina State Fairgrounds property. The University of South Carolina Athletics Department asks that you please adhere to the following FAA policies, per the NOTAM document concerning flight restrictions for sporting events.
No flight operation may take place within 3 nautical miles, nor up to 3,000 feet around the perimeter of the stadium, from one hour prior to the start of the event until one hour after its completion. These restrictions also apply to all unmanned or remote-controlled Drone aircrafts. Failure to comply with these restrictions will result in the appropriate legal response from law enforcement officials.
In the event of inclement weather approaching Wheeler Beach, public address and announcements will be made to update fans on the situation. Should a lightning strike occur within 8 miles of the stadium, play will be stopped immediately. Play will resume 30 minutes after the last strike occurs within the 8-mile threat radius. Fans are encouraged to exit the venue and seek shelter in their vehicles during weather delays. Updates may also be communicated via Gamecock social media platforms.
The University of South Carolina is a tobacco-free campus. The policy, which includes the ban of electronic cigarettes, is in effect at all University of South Carolina facilities, as well as surrounding property owned, leased, or controlled by the University. These restrictions apply to all areas of Wheeler Beach. We request and appreciate your adherence and compliance with this University policy; violators are subject to ejection.
Alcoholic Beverage Policy
The possession of alcohol while entering Wheeler Beach is expressly prohibited. Patrons in violation will be ejected and may be subject to arrest. In an effort to encourage an enjoyable experience for all fans, persons who are intoxicated will be denied entry into the beach, regardless of ticket possession.
Vendors/Political Materials & Solicitations
Soliciting or vending of any goods or services is strictly prohibited in the lots owned or leased by the Athletics Department on game day.
There will be no concessions at Wheeler Beach.
Spectator restrooms are located on the concourse next to the softball stadium.
The University of South Carolina makes every attempt to ensure fans are able to enjoy the festivities surrounding the game. If you observe threatening or illegal behavior, do not hesitate to contact law enforcement or event staff security. If you see something, say something.
The University conveniently places receptacles for the disposal of trash and recyclables throughout the stadium and parking areas. Help us keep the area enjoyable by disposing all bagged trash into these receptacles. Fans are encouraged to utilize recycling containers for appropriate items.
Parking is available for fans on game day in the Athletics Village Parking Garage located off of Heyward Street. Parking in the garage is free of charge and is a short walk through the Athletics Village to Wheeler Beach.
Limited handicapped accessible parking is available for fans in the lot adjacent to the The Sheila and Morris Cregger Track and Field Complex, along South Marion Street. Parking in this area is free of charge and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. There are also handicapped spaces available in the parking garage along Heyward Street.
Neither the University of South Carolina nor the Gamecock Club will be liable for loss or damage to vehicles parked or contents on South Carolina properties as well as surrounding property owned, leased, or controlled by the University.
Towing of vehicles impeding the flow of traffic or obstructing the right of a member to park in assigned parking is imminent. Once a tow truck has arrived at the vehicle in violation, negotiations will be strictly between the towing company and the vehicle owner. Any towed vehicles can be recovered by calling the USC Police Department. The phone number is 803 777-4215. For USC Police on gameday please call 803-777-2022 or 803-777-4215.
HEAT MANAGEMENT PLAN
South Carolina Athletics wants fans to stay safe, hydrated, and cool by implementing its heat management plan so there are more opportunities for fans to have access to water.
- Water Bottles: Fans are permitted to bring one (1) empty, clear bottle of water OR one (1) sealed bottle of water into the beach. This policy will allow fans to stay hydrated on their walk to Wheeler Beach and refill their bottle upon entering.
- Water Fountains: The usage of traditional water fountains or other self-service drinking stations will be prohibited. This does not apply to apparatuses that use touchless technology.
Lost and Found
Lost and found for Wheeler Beach will be with event management. Call (803) 777-8506 for assistance.