Gameday Information and Policies
CLEAR BAG POLICY
To provide a safer environment and more expedited entry for fans, South Carolina Athletics implemented a clear bag policy beginning with the 2016-17 season for all ticketed athletic events that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into the venues for baseball, men’s and women’s basketball, football, men’s and women’s soccer, softball, volleyball and indoor track.
GAMECOCK FANS CODE OF CONDUCT
Gamecock fans are encouraged to wear garnet and black to the games and enthusiastically support the team. Our goal is to create a championship experience with integrity, while exhibiting good sportsmanship and maintaining a safe and respectful atmosphere for our teams and fans to enjoy. The Gamecock image is not only shaped by our student-athletes, coaches, students, and faculty, but by our great fans.
In the spirit of sportsmanship, Gamecock fans shall:
- Conduct themselves in a manner that represents their University, the Southeastern Conference, and the NCAA with honor, dignity, and respect
- Fans should refrain from the following but not limited to vulgar, abusive, derogatory, demeaning, or intimidating language, gestures or cheers at any time. This is inclusive of refraining from the reference of race, gender, age, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion and the like
- Support the players, coaches, and officials in a positive manner
- Treat the visiting team, coaches, and fans with courtesy and respect at all times
- Demonstrate the qualities of civility and sportsmanship at all times
- Refrain from throwing objects onto the field for any reason
- Not become inebriated or belligerent
- Refrain from entering the playing field at any time, including after the game
- Be a positive role model for those around them by treating others with courtesy and respect
- Consequences of not abiding by the Gamecock Fan Code of Conduct could result in relocation of seats, removal from the venue or cancellation of season tickets
- Purses larger than a clutch bag (4.5″ x 6.5″), briefcases, backpacks, and cinch bags of any kind, fanny packs, luggage of any kind, computer bags/cases, binocular bags/cases or any bag larger than permissible size (12″ x 6″ x 12″) [Please see Clear Bag Policy]
- Coolers, thermoses, cups, glass bottles, cans, flasks, (Exception: 1 sealed clear plastic disposable bottle OR 1 empty and clear plastic disposable bottle of water per person (i.e. Dasani water bottle))
- Food of any kind
- Video cameras, tripods, recording devices, detachable camera lenses over 6″, selfie sticks
- Weapons/concealed weapons
- Alcoholic beverages
- Containers of any kind
- Aerosol and spray cans
- Mace/pepper spray
- Animals (except service animals)
- Laser lights, strobe lights and pointers
- Irritants such as artificial noisemakers
- Inflatables (beach balls, etc.)
- Flags and flagpoles, unauthorized banners or posters
- Diaper Bags
- Illegal drugs
- Seat cushions that include pockets, zippers, compartments or covers
- Personal seat backs with armrests
- Non-approved face coverings
Artificial noisemakers are not permitted in Carolina Volleyball Center and will be confiscated by venue security.
BEVERAGE POLICY (ALCOHOL)
The possession or consumption of alcohol of any kind in Carolina Volleyball Center is expressly prohibited by University policy. Patrons in violation will be ejected and may be subject to arrest. In an effort to encourage an enjoyable experience for all fans, persons who are intoxicated will be denied entry into the facility, regardless of ticket possession.
Concessions are available in the lobby of the Carolina Volleyball Center.
The entrance for fans to enter the Carolina Volleyball Center is located at Park Street. This entrance will open 1 hour prior to first serve for each match. Be advised that all persons, upon entering the facility, consent to a search of their person and property at the time of entry and during their stay on the premises. Carolina Volleyball Center has a no re-entry policy.
On game day, tickets are sold in the lobby at each entrance to Carolina Volleyball Center. Tickets cannot be resold on any university-controlled grounds, including, but not limited Carolina Volleyball Center. Lost or stolen tickets are not the responsibility of game management, and additional tickets can be purchased through the ticket office, if available. There is a NO refund or exchange policy in effect on all tickets. Game management reserves the right to refuse admission.
Seating at Carolina Volleyball Center is reserved for VIP season ticket holders indicated by a sticker on the bleachers. All other seating is general admission and is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The only entrance for students will be located at the Assembly Street entrance. Students will be required to show their student ID card to gain entry into Carolina Volleyball Center. In the event that the facility reaches capacity, game management may implement a one-in, one-out policy until seating is available.
Cameras that elicit a flash are not allowed once the contest begins. Flashes are a distraction to the student-athletes and could potentially present a safety issue.
Neither the University of South Carolina nor the Gamecock Club will be liable for loss or damage to vehicles parked or contents on South Carolina properties, as well as surrounding property owned, leased, or controlled by the University.
Parking is available in a number of garages or surface lots located around the Carolina Volleyball Center. Parking fees are subject to applicable garage rates or events in the area. Handicap parking is located in the N2 lot behind Carolina Volleyball Center on Assembly Street. This parking is first-come, first-served and only available to those with the required hang tag or license plate.
Tailgating, including grills, coolers and large buffet-style spreads, are discouraged.
POLITICAL MATERIALS & SOLICITATIONS
Soliciting or vending of goods or services is strictly prohibited throughout Carolina Volleyball Center, as well as lots owned or leased by the university on game day. Distribution of political stickers, brochures, promotional items, or other solicitations is strictly forbidden on properties owned or leased by the university.
The University of South Carolina is a tobacco-free campus, which includes the ban of electronic cigarettes. The policy is in effect at all University of South Carolina facilities, as well as surrounding property owned, leased, or controlled by the University. These restrictions apply to all areas of the Carolina Volleyball Center. We request and appreciate your adherence and compliance with this University policy; violators are subject to ejection.