Dec. 31, 2004
– Dwayne Day had a career high 4 points
– Josh Gonner had a season-high 20 points — his career high is 24 vs. UT(1/17/04)
– Tarence suffered a cut over his right eye (the cut did not require stiches)
– John Chappell has tied his season high with 3 points
– Tonight’s attendance is 6,125
– Carlos Powell had double-figure points for the 9th time this season and has now scored in 80 straight games dating back to MSU, 3/2/02 (also the last game USC didn’t make a 3 pointer) …
– USC held Wofford to under 20 points in a half this season which is the first time USC accomplished that feat this season– last year the Gamecocks did it 8 times
– The 39-15 lead was the Gamecocks largest half-time lead this season … It’s the Gamecocks largest halftime lead since March 21, 2002 when they led Ball State 48-12 in the NIT (USC won 82-47) — the game that advanced the team to the NIT semi-finals.
– USC opened the game on a 10-0 run through 12:07 (two Wofford field goals) … Wofford got its first field goal of the night at the 10:27 mark (Wilkerson lay in)
– The Gamecocks shot 50% from the floor against Wofford which ties their second highest total this season. (.593 against Appalachian State) … The 26% shot by Wofford was the lowest by an opponent against USC this season.
– Wofford came into the game averaging 82.4 points a game and USC held them to 44.
– The win against Wofford is Carolina’s 20th consecutive against the Terriers.