Oct. 29, 2014
- Four-year letter-winner 2009-12
- Tied the then-single season home run record in 2012 (11 HR)
- Twice led the team in homers and once in runs
- Childs grew up in Conway, S.C., and grew up a Gamecock fan.
- She loved going to football games as a student.
- She started games at shortstop, second base and third base during her career as well as a couple of games in right field.
- Her favorite softball moment came during her freshman year, when the Gamecocks took two of three in a series against No. 4 Alabama.
- Her advice for current student-athletes is to play hard and leave a legacy. It goes by quick.
- She also advocates for people to be generous and love one another.
- Childs works as a personal trainer. Check out her website at EvanChildsFitness.com for info on her training and nutrition plans.
- She loves being an aunt to her many nieces and nephews, as she’s one of six children.
Interview conducted by Jordyn Augustus