Gameday Information and Policies
CLEAR BAG POLICY
To provide a safer environment and more expedited entry for fans, South Carolina Athletics implemented a clear bag policy beginning with the 2016-17 season for all ticketed athletic events that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into the venues for baseball, men’s and women’s basketball, football, men’s and women’s soccer, softball, volleyball and indoor track.
- Clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags that do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″ — A logo no larger than 4.5″ x 3.4″ can be displayed on one side of a permissible clear bag.
- A clear bag shall be clear from top-to-bottom and up to a 2″ trim/border on the bag is generally acceptable.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″ — approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap
- Medically necessary items (Special medical gates for football: West Premium Gate 21 and East Gate 81)
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to:
- Purses larger than a clutch bag
- Fanny packs
- Cinch/Drawstring bags
- Luggage of any kind
- Computer bags
- Diaper bags
- Binocular cases
- Camera bags
- Non-approved seat cushions, which include large traditional seat cushions that have pockets, zippers, compartments or covers
Guests will continue to be able to carry items allowed into the venue, such as binoculars, cameras, and smartphones. A complete list of prohibited items can be found on our Prohibited Items page.
Artificial noisemakers are not permitted in Carolina Softball Stadium and will be confiscated by stadium security.
- Purses larger than a clutch bag (4.5″ x 6.5″), briefcases, backpacks, and cinch bags of any kind, fanny packs, luggage of any kind, computer bags/cases, camera bags/cases, binocular bags/cases or any bag larger than the permissible size (12″ x 6″ x 12″) or that does not meet appropriate clear bag standards. [Please see Clear Bag Policy]
- Coolers, thermoses, cups, glass bottles, cans, flasks (Exception: 1 sealed clear plastic disposable bottle OR 1 empty and clear plastic disposable bottle of water per person (i.e., Dasani water bottle))
- Food of any kind
- Video cameras, tripods, recording devices, detachable camera lenses over 6″, selfie sticks
- Weapons/concealed weapons
- Alcoholic beverages
- Containers of any kind
- Aerosol and spray cans
- Mace/pepper spray
- Animals (except service animals)
- Laser lights, strobe lights and pointers
- Irritants such as artificial noisemakers
- Inflatables (beach balls, etc.)
- Flags and flagpoles, unauthorized banners, or posters
- Illegal drugs
- Seat cushions that include pockets, zippers, compartments or covers
- Personal seat backs with armrests
- Non-approved face coverings
- Other items that in the judgement of stadium management pose a safety hazard or diminish the enjoyment of an event by other patrons
Gamecock Fans Code of Conduct
Gamecock fans are encouraged to wear garnet and black to the games and enthusiastically support the team. Our goal is to create a championship experience with integrity, while exhibiting good sportsmanship and maintaining a safe and respectful atmosphere for our teams and fans to enjoy. The Gamecock image is not only shaped by our student-athletes, coaches, students, and faculty, but by our great fans.
In the spirit of sportsmanship, Gamecock fans shall:
- Conduct themselves in a manner that represents their University, the Southeastern Conference, and the NCAA with honor, dignity, and respect
- Fans should refrain from the following but not limited to vulgar, abusive, derogatory, demeaning, or intimidating language, gestures or cheers at any time. This is inclusive of refraining from the reference of race, gender, age, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion and the like
- Support the players, coaches, and officials in a positive manner
- Treat the visiting team, coaches, and fans with courtesy and respect at all times
- Demonstrate the qualities of civility and sportsmanship at all times
- Refrain from throwing objects onto the field for any reason
- Not become inebriated or belligerent
- Refrain from entering the playing field at any time, including after the game
- Be a positive role model for those around them by treating others with courtesy and respect
- Consequences of not abiding by the Gamecock Fan Code of Conduct could result in relocation of seats, removal from the venue or cancellation of season tickets
Aircraft and Drone Policy
The use of drones is prohibited on all property owned, leased, or controlled by the University of South Carolina, as well as the South Carolina State Fairgrounds property. The University of South Carolina Athletics Department asks that you please adhere to the following FAA policies, per the NOTAM document concerning flight restrictions for sporting events.
No flight operation may take place within 3 nautical miles, nor up to 3,000 feet around the perimeter of the stadium, from one hour prior to the start of the event until one hour after its completion. These restrictions also apply to all unmanned or remote-controlled Drone aircrafts. Failure to comply with these restrictions will result in the appropriate legal response from law enforcement officials.
In the event of inclement weather approaching Carolina Softball Stadium, public address and video announcements will be made to update fans on the situation. Should a lightning strike occur within 8 miles of the stadium, play will be stopped immediately. Play will resume 30 minutes after the last strike occurs within the 8-mile threat radius. Fans are encouraged to exit the venue and seek shelter in their vehicles during weather delays. All ticket stubs should be kept for re-entry into the stadium after the weather threat has cleared. Updates may also be communicated via Gamecock social media platforms.
The University of South Carolina is a tobacco-free campus. The policy, which includes the ban of electronic cigarettes, is in effect at all University of South Carolina facilities, as well as surrounding property owned, leased, or controlled by the University. These restrictions apply to all areas of Carolina Softball Stadium. We request and appreciate your adherence and compliance with this University policy; violators are subject to ejection.
Alcoholic Beverage Policy
The possession of alcohol while entering Carolina Softball Stadium is expressly prohibited. Patrons in violation will be ejected and may be subject to arrest. In an effort to encourage an enjoyable experience for all fans, persons who are intoxicated will be denied entry into the stadium, regardless of ticket possession.
Vendors/Political Materials & Solicitations
Soliciting or vending of any goods or services is strictly prohibited in the lots owned or leased by the Athletics Department on game day.
Concessions are available at the concessions stand along the first base side on the concourse
Wheelchair seating is available at Carolina Softball Stadium on the concourse level.
The first aid station is located on the main concourse level, adjacent to the concession stand, on the first base side. If assistance is needed, contact the nearest event staff/usher for directions to the first aid facility. The medical facility is equipped and staffed as a limited first-aid treatment station.
For any guest service’s needs, please visit one of the event staff/ushers located on the concourse level throughout the facility.
Restrooms and our family restroom will be available for use once gates open and are located on the third base side of the concourse.
The University of South Carolina makes every attempt to ensure fans are able to enjoy the festivities surrounding the game. If you observe threatening or illegal behavior, do not hesitate to contact law enforcement or event staff security. If you see something, say something. Uniformed officers from various law enforcement agencies, and event staff security, are stationed throughout the tailgating areas, gameday facilities, and Carolina Softball Stadium for your safety.
Individuals with disabilities may use the elevators located on the first base side of the concourse.
Carolina Softball Stadium gates will open 1 hour prior to game time. Signage will be installed at gates and/or other entry points that outline mandates. Social distancing markers will be placed to allow for social distancing.
Be advised that all persons, upon entering property/stadium, consent to a search of their person and property at the time of entry and during their stay on the premises. Carolina Softball Stadium has a no-re-entry policy; tickets can only be scanned for use once.
Stadium Tickets, Refunds/Resales
The game day box office is conveniently located along the concourse outside the main entrance to Carolina Softball Stadium at Beckham Field and will open an hour and a half prior to game time. There is a NO refund policy in effect for all tickets. Management reserves the right to refuse admission.
The University conveniently places receptacles for the disposal of trash and recyclables throughout the stadium and parking areas. Help us keep the area enjoyable by disposing all bagged trash into these receptacles. Fans are encouraged to utilize recycling containers for appropriate items.
Parking is available for fans on game day in the Athletics Village Parking Garage located off of Heyward Street. Parking in the garage is free of charge and is a short walk through the Athletics Village to Carolina Softball Stadium.
Limited handicapped accessible parking is available for fans in the lot adjacent to the Carolina Softball Stadium, along South Marion Street. Parking in this area is free of charge and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. There are also handicapped spaces available in the parking garage along Heyward Street.
Tailgating, including grills, coolers and large buffet-style spreads, is discouraged. Tents are prohibited. Charcoal grilling is prohibited in all South Carolina tailgating property owned, leased, or controlled by the University. All grilling must be propane gas. Fans who do not exercise their tailgating privileges in a responsible manner will face forfeiture of tailgating privileges.
Neither the University of South Carolina nor the Gamecock Club will be liable for loss or damage to vehicles parked or contents on South Carolina properties as well as surrounding property owned, leased, or controlled by the University.
Towing of vehicles impeding the flow of traffic or obstructing the right of a member to park in assigned parking is imminent. Once a tow truck has arrived at the vehicle in violation, negotiations will be strictly between the towing company and the vehicle owner. Any towed vehicles can be recovered by calling the USC Police Department. The phone number is 803 777-4215. For USC Police on gameday please call 803-777-2022 or 803-777-4215.
HEAT MANAGEMENT PLAN
South Carolina Athletics wants fans to stay safe, hydrated, and cool by implementing its heat management plan so there are more opportunities for fans to have access to water.
- Water Bottles: Fans are permitted to bring one (1) empty, clear bottle of water OR one (1) sealed bottle of water into the stadium. This policy will allow fans to stay hydrated on their walk to Carolina Softball Stadium and refill their bottle upon entering the stadium. All glass bottles are still strictly prohibited in Carolina Softball Stadium.
Water Fountains: The usage of traditional water fountains or other self-service drinking stations will be prohibited. This does not apply to apparatuses that use touch-less technology.