July 9, 2015
- Four-year letter-winner 1994-97
- Two-time NFCA All-American (1995 third team, 1997 second team)
- Four-time NFCA All-Region player (first team 1995-97, second team 1994)
- Unanimous member of the first All-SEC First Team (1997)
- 1997 SEC Academic Honor Roll
- The most at-bats (842) and doubles (58) of any Gamecock in history
- Still holds a place in 19 of the Gamecocks’ batting top 15’s and in the top 10 in all three stolen base categories
- Plew started playing softball in seventh grade, transitioning from baseball.
- She says her biggest motivator was her dad, who was in the military and knew how to motivate her.
- From Oceanside, Calif., she chose South Carolina after falling in love with the people and the trees.
- She says her mentality at the plate in college was two-fold: have good eyes and sound technique.
- “Enjoy the boredom of repetition,” she remarked about consistency.
- She encourages players today to fall in love with the game and defend it.
- Plew’s years at SC were the best of her life.
- Plew got married to her husband who she met at SC.
- Now Tina Plew Whitlock serves as the head coach at Lander University after spending four years at Le Moyne College in Syracuse, New York as a head coach.
Interview conducted by Lauren Masters