Aug. 13, 2015
- Three-year letter-winner 1985-87
- Played on Joyce Compton’s first South Carolina team
- Hit .263 in her career (80 ABs)
- Waters missed her first two years after tearing knee ligaments in different legs in 1983 and 1984.
- Her favorite thing about being a student-athlete was being treated with respect by everyone.
- She also enjoyed the atmosphere, saying it felt like family to her.
- Her favorite moments on the field include the team’s winning streaks and being a part of those.
- Waters also remarked about earning an All-Tournament Team award at an invitational after her knee surgeries.
- She remarked on taking on the role of motivating others while not playing much and being ready when she was needed.
- Waters still lives in the Columbia area, in Wateree, working in industrial sales.
Interview conducted by Krystan White