Sept. 3, 2015
- Three-year letter-winner 2004-06
- Three-time SEC Academic Honor Roll member
- Tied for the team lead in sacrifice hits (6) in 2006
- Margaret Person chose South Carolina due to its marine science program, one of the best in the country.
- She had no intention of playing softball, but Darlene Lowery call Coach Compton to tell her about Person.
- Person walked on and played three years.
- She listed several memories, including playing pranks on road trips.
- She got the nickname Night Rider during those bus trips.
- Person gave up softball her senior year to concentrate on her studies.
- She really misses playing softball.
- From Tampa, Fla., Person now teaches environmental science at a high school in her home state, a job she’s held the past seven years.
- She’s been married for six and has a daughter, Lily Anne.
Interview conducted by Ansley Ard