Feb. 22, 2016
COLUMBIA, S.C. – The South Carolina volleyball program announced two more student-athletes for the upcoming 2016 season, welcoming in Savannah Murray and transfer Abreia Epps. The duo joins the four-member November signing class of Claire Edwards, Courtney Koehler, Mikayla Shields and Alicia Starr.
Abreia Epps || 6-0 || MB/OH || Blythewood High School || Columbia, S.C.
Parents: Ameache Grady and Byron Wilson
2013-15 (at Charlotte)
- Redshirted the 2013 season
- Recorded 263 kills in her first playing season with 62 total blocks and 41 digs in 27 starts as a redshirt freshman in 2014.
- Named C-USA’s Offensive Player of the Week on Sept. 28, 2015 after hitting .354 with 55 kills averaging 4.23/set over three matches.
- Recorded 14 double-digit kill performances for the season.
- Hit a career-high 21 kills against UTEP on Sept. 21, 2015.
- Finished second on the team with 280 kills while recording 45 total blocks and 40 digs as a front row player in her sophomore season.
- All-Conference USA Second Team honoree in 2015.
Savannah Murray || 5-9 || DS/Libero || Bartram Trail High School || St. Augustine, Fla.
Parents: Dale and Dana Murray
- PrepVolleyball Academic All- American
- Four year letter winner as an outside hitter and defensive specialist.
- Helped her team win three district titles and three conference titles.
- Played club volleyball for Jacksonville Juniors Volleyball Association for head coach Kyle Cronk.
- Qualified for Nationals with her 14, 15, 16’s groups. Called up to play for the club’s 18s and finished eighth at nationals.