Play Suspended at Landfall Tradition
Wilmington, N.C. – No. 16 South Carolina women’s golf had play suspended due to weather in the opening round of the Landfall Tradition in Wilmington, N.C., at the Dye Golf Course. Play will resume at 10:00 a.m. ET on Saturday morning with the second round immediately following the completion of the first round.
“The team did a good job of handling a lot of adversity today,” South Carolina head coach Kalen Anderson said. “We dealt with a lot of rain and tough course conditions, as well as weather delays. I’m happy with the team’s resilience and we look forward to the weekend.”
– Through 14-15 holes of play, South Carolina sits in a tie for sixth place at +12.
– Gamecock senior Marion Veysseyre and freshman Emily Price both sit in a tie for ninth place at +1, just four shots off the leader, Virunpat Olankitkunchai of Maryland.
– Through 14 holes, Price holed a team high four birdies, including back-to-back on the par-4 7th and par-3 8th.
– Veysseyre’s 35 on the front nine is a first round best for the Gamecocks.
– Ana Pelaez is competing as an individual and is +6 through 14 holes.
The Landfall Tradition is a three round tournament that will continue Sat., Oct. 29, at 10:00 a.m. and will be completed on Sun., Oct. 30. The Landfall Tradition is the final Fall tournament for the Gamecocks.