Gamecocks Set For Home Opener
Carolina to welcome Gardner-Webb on Tuesday night
COLUMBIA, S.C. —- South Carolina men’s soccer opens its home campaign Tuesday night as it plays host to Gardner-Webb at Stone Stadium. Gates will open 1 hour prior to the 7:00 p.m. ET kickoff.
Game day parking is available for fans in the Heyward Street Garage located at 1300 Heyward Street. Parking is free of charge in this location and is available on all levels on a first-come, first-served basis. Handicap parking is also located at designated spaces within the Heyward Street Garage. An elevator is located within the garage for fans who will need to access the elevator to get to the ground level.
There are two entry gates for fans to enter Stone Stadium, located at Whaley Street and Heyward Street.
Carolina comes into the match looking to rebound from Friday night’s season-opening loss to Clemson on the road.
Head coach Mark Berson enters his 42nd season as head coach for Carolina. He’s been the only coach for the program since its first season in 1978. He is the active wins leader in NCAA Division I Men’s Soccer with 507 career victories and is one of just four coaches all-time to hit the 500-win plateau.
- Carolina has never lost to GWU, outscoring the Runnin’ Bulldogs 8-2 in two matches.
- South Carolina assistant coach Tyler Kettering was the associate head coach at GWU for seven seasons before coming to Columbia.
- The Gamecocks have only started a season 0-2 five times in its 41 years of soccer.
- Carolina is 10-2 in home openers since 2007.
- This will be the first meeting between the two squads in the month of September.
- GWU was picked to finish fifth in the Big South Preseason Poll.
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs are coming off a 4-11-1 season.
- Gardner-Webb returns two of the its top three statistical leaders from 2018.
- Head coach Tony Setzer named Alain Delgado, Simen Olsen and Rudy Arce the team captains for the year.
- This will be Setzer’s 32nd year leading the program.
- Once again, fans can get the best deal in town for season tickets. Tickets are $25 for adults and $10 for youth and get you into ALL 20 soccer matches at Stone Stadium this fall. To purchase, visit gamecocksonline.com/soccertix.
CLEAR BAG POLICY
- Clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags that do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″ — A logo no larger than 4.5″ x 3.4″ can be displayed on one side of a permissible clear bag.
- A clear bag shall be clear from top-to-bottom and up to a 2″ trim/border on the bag is generally acceptable.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″ — approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap
- Medically necessary items (Special medical gates for football: West Premium Gate 21 and East Gate 81)
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to
- Purses larger than a clutch bag
- Fanny packs
- Cinch/Drawstring bags
- Luggage of any kind
- Computer bags
- Diaper bags
- Binocular cases
- Camera bags
- Non-approved seat cushions, which include large traditional seat cushions that have pockets, zippers, compartments or covers
For more information on the Gamecocks, continue to check back with gamecocksonline.com. Subscribe to South Carolina on Stanza to get schedule updates directly in your calendars.