Gamecocks Set To Host USC Upstate
Carolina looking to remain undefeated at Stone Stadium
COLUMBIA, S.C. —- South Carolina men’s soccer returns home to play host to USC Upstate on Friday night at Stone Stadium. Gates open 1 hour before the 7:00 p.m. kickoff.
Game day parking is available for fans in the Heyward Street Garage located at 1300 Heyward Street. Parking is free of charge in this location and is available on all levels on a first-come, first-served basis. Handicap parking is also located at designated spaces within the Heyward Street Garage. An elevator is located within the garage for fans who will need to access the elevator to get to the ground level.
There are two entry gates for fans to enter Stone Stadium, located at Whaley Street and Heyward Street.
Carolina comes into the match fresh off a 2-1 overtime victory over Gardner-Webb in the home opener at Stone Stadium on Tuesday night.
Head coach Mark Berson enters his 42nd season as head coach for Carolina. He’s been the only coach for the program since its first season in 1978. He is the active wins leader in NCAA Division I Men’s Soccer with 508 career victories and is one of just four coaches all-time to hit the 500-win plateau.
- Fans can watch all South Carolina home matches through gamecocksonline.com. Watch links can be found at the top of the story and on the men’s soccer portion of the website under “live streaming.”
USC UPSTATE NOTES
- Carolina has won all three matches in the series, including one in each of the past two years.
- The Gamecocks have outscored Upstate 4-1 over the past two years.
- All three matches in the series have been at Stone Stadium.
- Carolina has scored two goals in each of the three matches.
- Upstate has never scored more than one goal in a match against the Gamecocks and were shutout last year.
USC UPSTATE SCOUT
- Upstate was picked to finish eighth in the Big South.
- USC Upstate welcomes 19 new faces to the roster.
- The Spartans come in with an 0-1 record on the road.
- Head coach Scott Halkett returns for his seventh season.
- USC Upstate’s home opener is set for Sept. 15 against Stetson.
- Once again, fans can get the best deal in town for season tickets. Tickets are $25 for adults and $10 for youth and get you into ALL 20 soccer matches at Stone Stadium this fall. To purchase, visit gamecocksonline.com/soccertix.
For more information on the Gamecocks, continue to check back with gamecocksonline.com. Subscribe to South Carolina on Stanza to get schedule updates directly in your calendars.