Gamecocks Close Out Play at Gator Fall Invite
COLUMBIA, S.C. – South Carolina men’s tennis wrapped up day three of the Gator Fall Invite with Raphael Lambling again leading the day and finishing perfect in singles and doubles at the event. Squaring off against Florida on the final day, the six singles matches featured seven nationally ranked players – three Gamecocks and four Gators.
Three of the six singles matches included at least one tiebreak, and South Carolina pushed four of the six singles matches to three sets, winning two of them.
The team will be in action next at the ITA All-American Championships Oct. 4-10 in Tulsa, Okla.
- Junior Raphael Lambling secured his first ranked singles win of the season in a hard-fought match over No. 59 Josh Goodger. The win capped a perfect tournament for the No. 39 player in the nation as he went 3-0 in singles and in doubles.
- James Story paired with Lambing to remain a perfect 3-0 in doubles throughout the tournament by putting up a convincing 8-3 win over Florida’s Josh Goodger and Will Grant.
- Junior Beau Pelletier took home a hard-fought singles win over Florida’s Nate Bonetto. Pelletier took the first set with a late service break and a score of 7-5 before dropping the second set 2-6 and fighting back to close the third set and secure a victory with a score of 6-3.
For all the latest South Carolina men’s tennis information, continue to follow GamecocksOnline.com or the team on social media (@GamecockMTennis).
Gamecock Day 3 Results
Mattias Siimar/Ben Shelton (UF) def. Connor Thomson/Jake Beasley (SC), 8-5
James Story/Raphael Lambling (SC) def. Josh Goodger/Will Grant (UF), 8-3
Andy Andrade/Nate Bonetto (UF) def. Carter Morgan/Beau Pelletier (SC), 8-2
(14) Andy Andrade (UF) def. (16) Connor Thomson (SC), 6-4, 6-4
(39) Raphael Lambling (SC) def. (59) Josh Goodger (UF), 7-5, 4-6, 6-2
(86) Ben Shelton (UF) def. (56) James Story (SC), 7-6 (4), 7-6 (5)
Will Grant (UF) def. Jake Beasley (SC), 7-6 (5), 1-6, 6-3
(111) Lukas Greif (UF) def. Carter Morgan (SC), 6-7 (5), 6-3, 6-3
Beau Pelletier (SC) def. Nate Bonetto (UF), 7-5, 2-6, 6-3