Gamecocks Head to Arkansas for Final SEC Road Series
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The South Carolina softball wraps up its SEC road schedule when the Gamecocks take on No. 7 Arkansas April 29-May 1.
When: April 29 | 7 p.m.; April 30 | 2 p.m.; May 1 | 11:30 a.m. ET
Where: Fayetteville, Ark.
Venue: Bogle Park (1,200)
Live Stats: Statbroadcast Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3
Live Video: SECN+ Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3
Series History: South Carolina leads 37-25
Last Meeting: Arkansas 3, South Carolina 2 | March 14, 2021 | Columbia, S.C.
South Carolina Gamecocks 25-24, 2-16 SEC
Coach: Beverly Smith | 12th Season
AVG Leader: .333 | Riley Blampied
RBI Leader: 40 | Katie Prebble
Home Run Leader: 13 | Katie Prebble
ERA Leader: 2.05 | Skylar Trahan
Strikeout Leader: 71 | Bailey Betenbaugh
Wins Leader: 6 | Leah Powell
Arkansas Razorbacks 36-8, 14-4 SEC
Coach: Courtney Deifel | 7th Season
AVG Leader: .452 | Danielle Gibson
RBI Leader: 52 | Linnie Malkin and Danielle Gibson
Home Run Leader: 16 | Hannah Gammill
ERA Leader: 2.16 | Chenise Delce
Strikeout Leader: 127 | Chenise Delce
Wins Leader: 14 | Mary Haff
- The Gamecocks lead the all-time series 37-25.
- On the road, Carolina leads the series 17-10.
- In the last 10 meetings, to Arkansas leads the series 6-4.
- All-time against the Razorbacks, the Gamecocks are averaging 3.89 runs per game.
- Katie Prebble hit 10 home runs in her first 24 games of the season, which were the most by any Gamecock in recorded history (since 1982).
- Through 49 games, Prebble’s 13 home runs are second behind Alaynie Page (14, 2015). Her 13 home runs are fourth most in a single season.
- The 40 RBIs by Prebble are tied for third most under head coach Bev Smith.
- Jordan Fabian’s 35 walks are the most under Smith.
- The 167 walks by the team are the second most under coach Smith through 49 game (2019, 171).
- Jordan Fabian’s 17 stolen bases through 49 games are the most since Samie Garcia (18) in 2013, the second most under Smith, and tied for 11th in a season.
- The 62 stolen bases by Carolina are the most to start a season since 2013. It’s the third time under Smith they’ve stolen at least 62 (2011, 13). They’re 6th most in a single season in program history.
- The 238 RBIs are the most through 49 games since 2019, and are third most under Smith (2013, 268; 2019, 284).
- Freshman Emma Sellers’ 31 hits through 49 games are the most by a freshman since Mackenzie Boesel had 49 hits in 2017.
- The Gamecocks opened the season at home for the third straight year. Last season the team opened the season with Carolina Classic, but was canceled due to weather.
- South Carolina has opened the season at home in 7 of 12 seasons under Bev Smith.
- The 2022 roster features 22 total players. A total of seven different states are represented.
For the latest on South Carolina Softball, visit GamecockSoftball.com or follow the team’s social media accounts on Twitter @GamecockSoftbll, Facebook /GamecockSoftball, and Instagram @GamecockSoftball.