Gamecocks in the Show - August 21
Familiar faces in new places highlight the latest Gamecocks in the Show update.
- Jackie Bradley Jr. (Toronto Blue Jays) – Bradley Jr. signed with the Toronto Blue Jays on August 9 and has played in eight games in his new uniform. He had a two-run single on Aug. 20 in Toronto’s 5-2 win over the New York Yankees.
- Jonah Bride (Oakland Athletics) – Bride has played in 30 games for the Athletics this season and has three doubles and four RBI. He was 2-for-3 with two doubles and an RBI at Houston on Aug. 12.
- Wil Crowe (Pittsburgh Pirates) – Crowe has appeared in 48 games for the Pittsburgh Pirates and has a 3.27 ERA, five wins, three saves and 15 holds in 63.2 innings pitched. Opponents are hitting just .214 off of Crowe. He earned the win vs. Cincinnati on Aug. 19 in 1.1 innings of work.
- Whit Merrifield (Toronto Blue Jays) – Merrifield was traded to the Blue Jays on Aug. 2 and has played in 12 games for his new club with nine hits, five runs scored and an RBI. He joins Bradley Jr., on a team that currently holds the top wild card spot in the American League.
- Jordan Montgomery (St. Louis Cardinals) – Montgomery was traded to the St. Louis Cardinals on August 2 and has wins in all three starts for his new team. He defeated his old team, the New York Yankees, on August 6, allowing just two hits in five innings of work. He has had eight strikeouts in back-to-back starts, allowing just one run in 16.2 innings.
- Christian Walker (Arizona Diamondbacks) – Walker is currently seven in Major League Baseball with 29 home runs. He had home runs in back-to-back-to-back games from August 14-16 and was 4-for-5 with three extra-base hits in that August 14 game at Colorado.