Men's Soccer Returns Home to Host Campbell
COLUMBIA, S.C. – After its lone road match of the month, the South Carolina men’s soccer team returns to Stone Stadium Saturday, September 17, for a 7 p.m. match against the Campbell Camels. Admission to the match will be free.
Gameday Information – #WEareCarolina
When: September 17 | 7 p.m.
Where: Columbia, S.C.
Venue: Stone Stadium (5,700)
Tickets: Free admission
Live Stats: StatBroadcast
Live Video: ESPN+
Series History: South Carolina leads 1-0
Last Meeting: South Carolina 4, Campbell 0 | November 1, 1995 | Columbia, S.C.
South Carolina Gamecocks 2-3-1, 0-0 Sun Belt
Coach: Tony Annan | 2nd Season – 7-12-3
Goal Leader: 2 | Logan Frost
Assist Leader: 2 | Adam Luckhurst
Points Leader: 5 | Logan Frost
Shots Leader: 11 | Parker League
Saves Leader: 24 | Ben Alexander
Campbell Camels 3-1-2, 0-0 Big South
Coach: Dustin Fonder | 8th Season
Goal Leader: 3 | Kemy Amiche and Jalen James
Assist Leader: 4 | Tyler Young and Kemy Amiche
Points Leader: 10 | Kemy Amiche
Shots Leader: 22 | Kemy Amiche
Saves Leader: 9 | Sean Ellis
Taking the Pitch
- This is the 2nd meeting between the Gamecocks and Camels.
- The Gamecocks won the only meeting back in 1995, 4-0.
- No player for the Gamecocks had been born yet the last time the two side met on the pitch.
- Carolina head coach Tony Annan still had three years left of college in 1995.
- The 1995 squad went on to finish the season 16-4 and advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
- They also finished the season ranked 3rd in the NSCAA final ranking.
- The Camels are the fourth Big South team the Gamecocks have faced this season (Gardner-Webb, USC Upstate, and Winthrop)
- Adam Luckhurst became the first player since 2018 to record a goal and two assists in a match when he did so against Winthrop.
- Rocky Perez and Bryce Griffith were named to the Wolstein Classic All-Tournament Team.
- Freshman goalkeeper Ben Alexander was named to the Canadian U-20 team, where he started three matches during the 2022 Concacaf Men’s U-20 Championship.
- The roster features 17 newcomers; five transfers and 12 true freshmen.
- The team returns 10 players from the 2021 squad, including All-Conference performers Peter Clement, Logan Frost, and Harrison Myring.