Men’s Soccer Hosts UNCW Tuesday Night
COLUMBIA, S.C. – The South Carolina men’s soccer team returns to Stone Stadium to take on UNCW September 5, with kickoff set for 7 p.m.
Gameday Information – #WEareCarolina
When: September 5 | 7 p.m.
Where: Columbia, S.C.
Venue: Stone Stadium (5,700)
Live Stats: StatBroadcast
Series History: South Carolina leads 7-4-1
Last Meeting: UNCW 2, South Carolina 0 | Sept. 13, 2022 | Wilmington, N.C.
South Carolina Gamecocks 0-2-1, 0-0 Sun Belt
Coach: Tony Annan | 3rd Season – 10-19-7
Goal Leader: 1 | Adam Luckhurst
Assist Leader: 1 | Martin Yahia
Points Leader: 2 | Adam Luckhurst
Shots Leader: 6 | Ethan Dekel Daks
Saves Leader: 11 | Ben Alexander
UNCW Seahawks 1-1-1, 0-1-0 CAA
Coach: Aidan Heaney | 23rd Season
Goal Leader: 2 | Gabe Mercer
Assist Leader: 1 | Three tied
Points Leader: 4 | Gabe Mercer
Shots Leader: 8 | Gabe Mercer and Ethan Newsome
Saves Leader: 6 | Jacob Randolph
Taking the Pitch
- This is the 13th meeting between the Gamecocks and Seahawks.
- The Gamecocks traveled to UNCW a season ago, with the Seahawks taking the match 2-0.
- At home, Carolina is 4-1 against the Seahawks.
- The Gamecocks have dropped the last three meetings.
- Their last victory over UNCW came at home in 2005, a 4-2 win.
- There has only been one tie in the series, a 1-1 draw in Wilmington during the 1982 season.
- The two sides met during Carolina’s first season in 1978, a 3-1 win for the Gamecocks.
- The teams played every year from 1978 to 1984 but went 20 years before playing again.
- The Gamecocks have out-scored the Seahawks in the series 26-to-23.
- This is the 45th season of South Carolina men’s soccer.
- The Gamecocks have an all-time record of 521-280-83.
- South Carolina finished the regular season last year leading the nation in average attendance with 2,839 fans per game.
- The Gamecocks begin their second season in the Sun Belt Conference.
- Carolina was picked to finish fifth in the conference by the coaches.
- The roster features 10 newcomers; five transfers and five true freshmen.
- They return eight starters from a season ago, including four starters in the defensive end.
- The team return Adam Luckhurst who led the Gamecocks in every offensive category.
Gamecock fans will be able to utilize free parking in the grass lot located behind the Athletics Village Parking Garage (1300 Heyward Street) or overflow parking located at the Roost (201 South Marion). Fans will also have the option to park at any of the City of Columbia metered spots located around Stone Stadium (subject to fees required through the ParkMobile app). The Athletics Village Parking Garage will not be available.
The best season ticket deal in town is back for the 2023 men’s and women’s soccer season. For only $25 for adults and $10 for youth (17 and under), season ticket holders will receive admission to all men’s and women’s regular-season home games at Stone Stadium. Fans can also upgrade their season tickets to include this year’s limited-edition Gamecock Soccer Scarf for an additional $10. To purchase season tickets, visit: https://bit.ly/467kywH.