Gamecocks in the MiLB - Final 2023 Update
Asay Photography/Salt Lake Bees
The 2023 Minor League Baseball season has come to a close. Here’s what the Gamecocks on the Farm did this past year.
- Luke Berryhill spent all of 2023 with the Sugar Land Space Cowboys and had nine doubles, three triples, eight home runs and 28 RBI for the Houston Astros’ Triple-A organization.
- Jonah Bride split time between the Oakland Athletics and the Las Vegas Aviators this season. In Las Vegas, Bride hit .305 with 19 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 54 RBI.
- Noah Campbell ended the 2023 season with the Nashville Sounds, the Triple A affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers. Between Double A and Triple A, Campbell had 45 runs scored, eight home runs and 40 RBI while stealing six bases.
- Carlos Cortes had 15 home runs, 63 runs scored, 54 RBI, 22 doubles and a .783 OPS for the Syracuse Mets, the Triple A affiliate of the New York Mets.
- Wil Crowe ended the 2023 season with the Indianapolis Indians, the Triple-A affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates. He was 3-1 with a 3.86 ERA in 30.1 innings pitched. He struck out 32 batters and had a 1.58 WHIP.
- Eddy Demurias played for four teams in the Cincinnati Reds organization this season, ending the 2023 campaign with the Louisville Bats. He was 3-1 with 35 strikeouts in 33.2 innings pitched to go along with a save.
- TJ Hopkins split time between the Cincinnati Reds and the Louisville Bats this season. In Louisville, Hopkins hit .308 with 63 runs scored, 18 doubles, a triple, 16 home runs and 55 RBI. He had an OPS of .925, which included a .514 slugging percentage.
- Brett Kerry earned a promotion to the Triple A Salt Lake Bees in the Los Angeles Angels organization in September. Between Triple A and Double A, Kerry was 8-5 with a 4.60 ERA and two saves while striking out 122 batters in 135 innings pitched.
- Cody Morris also split time between the Cleveland Guardians and the Columbus Clippers. While in Columbus, Morris was 2-1 with a 3.74 ERA and had 40 strikeouts in 33.2 innings pitched.
- Max Schrock played in 37 games for the El Paso Chihuahuas, the Triple A affiliate of the San Diego Padres. He hit .289 with 10 doubles, a triple, three home runs and 22 RBI.
- Brady Allen helped the Erie Seawolves win the Eastern League championship series. Allen was traded from Miami to Detroit over the summer and played in both West Michigan and Erie in the Tigers’ organization. Overall, Allen hit .253 with 75 runs scored, 189 home runs and 68 RBI with a .813 OPS.
- Wes Clarke led the Southern League with 26 home runs this season while playing for the Biloxi Shuckers in the Milwaukee Brewers organization. Clarke scored 68 runs, had 24 doubles and 80 RBI in 118 games.
- Thomas Farr earned a promotion to the Chattanooga Lookouts, the Double A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds, in July and combined with his outings in Dayton, struck out 82 batters in 115 innings pitched.
- TJ Shook also played for the Biloxi Shuckers and made 25 appearances with 12 starts in 97.1 innings pitched. Shook was 7-5 with a 4.62 ERA and a save to go along with 107 strikeouts.
- Madison Stokes played in 102 games for the Reading Fightin Phils, the Double A affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies. Stokes had 21 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 31 RBI on the year.
- Julian Bosnic split time between Bradenton and Greensboro in the Pittsburgh Pirates organization in 2023. He combined for a 4-3 record with seven saves in 57 innings pitched while striking out 76 batters.
- Colin Burgess split time between Erie and West Michigan this season in the Detroit Tigers organization. He had a pair of doubles and five RBI to go with a .273 batting average.
- Daniel Lloyd played a full season with the Aberdeen Ironbirds in the Baltimore Orioles organization and was 5-5 with a 3.24 ERA and two saves while striking out 108 batters in 102.2 innings pitched.
- Will McGillis ended his first season in pro ball with the Tri City Dust Devils of the Los Angeles Angels organization. McGillis combined to hit .303 with 16 runs scored, two home runs and 16 RBI to go along with a .943 OPS.
- Reid Morgan pitched in 19 games with a pair of teams in the Seattle Mariners organization. Morgan struck out 43 batters in 47.1 innings pitched in High A Everett.
- Andrew Peters was 2-2 with 22 strikeouts in 15.1 innings pitched between the Tri City Dust Devils and ACL Angels team in Arizona.
- Josiah Sightler also split time between Bradenton and Greensboro in the Pittsburgh Pirates organization. Sightler combined to hit .311 with 42 runs scored, 14 home runs, 55 RBI and seven doubles and had a .909 OPS.
- James Hicks made three appearances for the FCL Astros team, starting a pair of games. He struck out six in 5.2 innings of work and had a 1.59 ERA.
- Jack Mahoney pitched a pair of innings for the ACL Rockies squad, striking out three batters in two appearances.
- Braylen Wimmer had 47 at-bats for the ACL Rockies, hitting .383 with 15 runs scored, five doubles, a triple, a home run and five RBI in 14 games played.
- George Callil played in 72 games for the Evansville Otters of the Frontier League and had five home runs and 26 RBI with 35 runs scored and a pair of stolen bases.
- Taylor Widener went 5-5 with a 4.77 ERA and 86 strikeouts in 100 innings pitched for the NC Dinos of the Korean Baseball Organization.