About Carolina Natatorium
Housed in the Sol Blatt P.E. Center, the Carolina Natatorium serves as the home to South Carolina swimming and diving. Extending 50 meters in length and 25 yards in width, the pool meets all structural requirements for SEC and NCAA competition. One of the more convenient aspects of the pool is its ability to transform from an Olympic size pool to a recreational training facility.
- Moveable bulkhead installed in 2009 allowing the length of the pool to be set at 25 yards, 25 meters or 50 meters, allowing the Gamecocks to train for various meets.
- Glass garage-style doors throughout the natatorium allow Gamecock swimmers the opportunity to practice under simulated natural conditions. The doors also open to a beautiful sun deck that allows athletes to take full advantage of the warm South Carolina sunshine.
- Carolina Natatorium underwent another extensive renovation during the summer of 2010 when a new pool deck and an upgraded lighting system were installed.
- Featuring two one-meter and three-meter boards and a five-meter diving platform, the natatorium’s diving area presents student-athletes with a first-rate training and meet facility.
- The facility also features a state-of-the-art Colorado Timing system. It has a 10-lane readout for spectators and swimmers. The seating area features 800 permanent seats with movable seating to accommodate up to 400 more spectators.
- Site of the 1995 SEC Championship, Carolina Natatorium served as a training site for the 1996 Russian Olympic Team in June 1996. The Natatorium was also the site of the men’s USA-Russia Dual Meet, nationally televised in April 1995.
- Pool Size: 50 x 25 yd
- Diving Well (Depth Slopes of 12-14 Feet): 25 x 35 yd
- Permanent Seats: 800