Sept. 16, 2012
- Steve Spurrier now has 200 career wins as a collegiate head coach. He is the 71st coach in college football history to reach the milestone.
- South Carolina is now on a seven-game win streak, tying for the second-longest in school history.
- Coach Spurrier is now 46-0 against schools from outside the BCS automatic conferences, this includes a 20-0 mark since coming to South Carolina.
- The Gamecocks have now extended their regular season non-conference win streak to 14-straight games. Their last regular season non-conference loss came to Clemson in 2008.
- Today’s captains for the Gamecocks were sophomore wide receiver, Bruce Ellington, senior linebacker Reginald Bowens, senior defensive tackle Byron Jerideau and senior wide receiver D.L. Moore.
- In the second quarter, junior wide receiver Ace Sanders recorded his first receiving touchdown of the season.
- Junior quarterback Connor Shaw threw his first passing touchdown of the season in the second quarter to Sanders.
- A two-yard touchdown run by junior running back Marcus Lattimore in the second quarter marked the 34th of his career, which is the most in school history.
- Lattimore now has 31 rushing touchdowns, tying the career record held by George Rogers and Harold Green. Lattimore also became only the fifth player in school history to score over 200 career points with his touchdown vs. UAB.
- Sophomore quarterback Dylan Thompson scored his second-career rushing touchdown with a six-yard carry in the third quarter.
- A 94-yard touchdown reception by sophomore wide receiver Damiere Byrd in the third quarter marked his first career touchdown reception, and it was the fourth-longest pass play in school history. Below are the three-longest pass plays in school history:
- 99 yards, Dondrial Pinkins/Troy Williamson, vs. Virginia, 9/7/03 (touchdown scored)
- 98 yards, Dondrial Pinkins/Matthew Thomas, vs. Mississippi, 11/1/03 (touchdown scored)
- 97 yards, Todd Ellis/Robert Brooks, vs. East Carolina, 9/17/88 (touchdown scored)
- Freshman wide receiver Shaq Roland recorded his first-career touchdown on a 30-yard pass from Thompson in the fourth quarter.
- Freshman tailback Mike Davis posted his first-career touchdown on a three-yard run in the fourth quarter.
- South Carolina’s 49 points against the Blazers marked the fifth-most points earned in a game during the Steve Spurrier era.
- Senior free safety D.J. Swearinger returned a fumble by UAB’s Jonathan Perry for a 65-yard touchdown in the first quarter. The last time South Carolina returned a fumble for a touchdown was when Melvin Ingram scored on a recovery Sept. 24, 2011, against Vanderbilt.
- Sophomore defensive end Jadeveon Clowney recorded seven tackles against the Blazers, the most he has had in a game since Sept. 3, 2011, against ECU.
- The Gamecocks tied for sixth place in fewest points allowed in the Steve Spurrier era, as the Blazers recorded just six points in the game.
- Through three games this season, the Gamecock defense has not allowed a touchdown to be scored from within the red zone, including three trips by UAB tonight.