Oct. 18, 2014
- South Carolina defeated Furman 41-10 to snap a two-game losing streak.
- The Gamecocks have won 35 straight games against teams from outside the Power 5 conferences and 17th straight against a non-conference foe.
- In regular season play, South Carolina has taken 22-consecutive contests against a non-conference foe and 20 at home against non-SEC opponents.
- Captains for South Carolina were senior quarterback Dylan Thompson, senior spur Sharrod Golightly, senior offensive guard A.J. Cann and senior defensive tackle J.T. Surratt.
- Attendance for today’s game at Williams-Brice Stadium: 78,101.
- Senior left guard A.J. Cann made his 45th career start today, tying him for third on the career starts list with Travelle Wharton (2000-03), Ladi Ajiboye (2007-10) and Devin Taylor (2009-12).
- The Gamecocks posted 548 yards of total offense, the 13th time South Carolina has tallied over 500 yards of offense under head coach Steve Spurrier.
- Senior quarterback Dylan Thompson moved into 10th in Gamecock history in passing yards with his 24-yard pass to Rory Anderson in the first drive. He now has 3,666 career passing yards after throwing for 262 in a 14-for-22 day. He also added two TD passes.
- Junior tailback Mike Davis moved into 15th on the career rushing charts with his first run before getting to 14th. He now has 2,120 career yards, needing 111 to pass Mike Davis (2005-08). In the game, he passed Brent Hagood (1981-85) and Derek Watson (1999-2001).
- Davis, with 111 yards on 18 carries, recorded the 11th 100-yard rushing game of his career, tying three others for second in Gamecock history.
- Redshirt freshman tailback David Williams rushed for 110 yards on 11 carries, both career bests.
- Davis and Williams became the first Gamecocks to both run for 100 yards in a game since Cory Boyd (132) and Mike Davis (102) both hit the century mark against South Carolina State on Sept. 15, 2007.
- Junior tight end Jerell Adams made three catches for 91 yards to lead the team. The yards were a career best, which included a personal-long 45-yard catch.
- Redshirt freshman quarterback Connor Mitch completed his first pass thrown as a Gamecock. He went 2-for-4 for 19 yards.
- The Gamecocks lost two fumbles in the game, which matches the total lost in the previous six games combined.
- The Gamecocks held Furman’s offense to only one field goal in three red-zone possessions.
- Sophomore linebacker Jonathan Walton led the Gamecocks with a career-best seven tackles.
- Sophomore defensive end Gerald Dixon had a career-best six stops. He also had his second-career pass breakup.
- Freshman cornerback Chris Lammons had five tackles, a new career high.
- Senior spur Sharrod Golightly recorded his second-career sack, one of his two tackles.
- Senior strong safety Brison Williams broke up three passes, a new career best.
- The third-quarter interception by sophomore strong safety Chris Moody is the first of his Gamecock career.
- Junior defensive tackle Phillip Dukes forced his second career fumble (UCF 2013).
SPECIAL TEAMS NOTES
- Sophomore placekicker Elliot Fry hit two field goals in the second half, his 11th and 12th consecutive makes. He’s now three shy of tying the Gamecocks’ program record of 15-straight field goals by Collin Mackie (1987-88).