July 30, 2015
- Four-year letter-winner 2001-04
- 2002 Second-Team All-SEC
- Two-time SEC Academic Honor Roll member
- Ranks sixth on the Gamecocks’ all-time list in walks (75) and tied for fifth in sacrifice flies (8)
- Her 431 assists at shortstop are the most for a Gamecock in the SEC era
- Amber Curtis came to South Carolina from Arizona.
- She sometimes butted heads with Joyce Compton but always respected her.
- Of the five freshman she started with, all graduated and played all four years.
- She loved the restaurants in Columbia.
- Curtis remembers the team getting pants her senior year, saying Coach Compton didn’t think they looked good.
- Curtis now works for the Border Patrol, where she deals with threats drug dealers, gangs and the cartel.
- She put her criminal justice degree to work for years, working as a state parole agent and an investigator before her current job.
Interview conducted by Olivia Lawrence